Fountain Hills Marijuana Dispensary Owner Delays Opening To Complete Stocking

Truth Seeker

Fountain Hills' only medical-marijuana dispensary delayed opening last week to ensure it has enough medication to treat all patients' ailments.

Scottsdale resident Mark Steinmetz is opening his dispensary, Nature's AZ Medicines Inc., this month at 16913 E. Enterprise Drive, units 201 and 202.

He anticipated opening July 8, then moved the date to last Monday and then Wednesday. In the interim, a few individuals have been dropping by in hopes of becoming clients.

"We don't want to have the doors opening without the medication being exactly what it should be to treat ailments," said Doug Shaughnessy, dispensary manager.

Last August, the Arizona Department of Health Services selected Steinmetz to receive the one state license for a medical-marijuana dispensary in Fountain Hills.

Shaughnessy said they hoped to be open by Monday. . He said they don't want to open until they feel "comfortable that all patient needs are addressed."

"We just want patients to be happy," he said.

Douglas Roemer owns Showcase Plastics, the business next door to the dispensary. He is supportive and looks forward to the dispensary opening.

"We are a little lacking on businesses right now, so I think this is going to be an excellent income stream from the taxes generated by this," he said. "It seems like a very good business to be here to add to the town coffers. I think it's great that they're here to help people and it's going to be a great addition to the community."

In the same center, Southwest Medical Marijuana Evaluation Center has opened to provide the certification necessary for qualified people to obtain medical marijuana under state law.

"Here at this location it's been pretty slow, just because I'm assuming that Fountain Hills doesn't know that we're here yet or people could be a little skeptical still," said Timothy Burns, patient coordinator. "We saw our first five patients Tuesday. It's slowly but surely, and I think it will be accepted and will be a really good thing."

Patients have to wait four days for certification before they can then go to Steinmetz's dispensary for medication, he said.

MMJ_Collective.jpg

News Hawk- Truth Seeker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: azcentral.com
Author: Edward Gately

Back
Top Bottom