Four Suspects In Lansing Drug-Related Killing Could Face Federal Death Penalty

MedicalNeed

GRAND RAPIDS — Four suspects could face the death penalty in the July 23, 2010, killing of a Lansing woman.

U.S. Attorney Donald Davis said today that the defendants, Mustafa Abdul-Qadir Al-Din, 23, Walee Abdulazeem Al-Din, 21, Demetris Martel Kline, 18, and Dion Marchell Lanier, 19, have been indicted in the killing of Shayla Johnson, 19, during a robbery.

The four originally faced state charges in Ingham County Circuit Court. The state changes have been dismissed this week so that the case can be handled at the federal level.

Ingham County Proseutor Stuart Dunnings III told the Lansing State Journal that he approached federal officials late last year.

The suspects are accused of conspiring to obtain marijuana by robbery and then sell it. An indictment says the suspects used a firearm in relation to a drug-trafficking crime by shooting and killing Johnson during the robbery at 619 Lenore Street in Lansing.

The indictment says the suspects are members of a violent street gang known as the "Block Burners."

One of them called to the residence before the killing to find out how many people were there, authorities said.

The suspects are scheduled for detention hearings and arraignments on Monday before U.S. District Judge Robert Jonker.

If convicted of the homicide charges, the defendants could face the death penalty or life in prison.

NewsHawk: MedicalNeed: 420 MAGAZINE
Author: John Agar
Source: mlive.com
Copyright: 2010 Michigan Live LLC
Website: Four suspects in Lansing drug-related killing could face federal death penalty

I am certainly glad these guys were caught and I (personally) hope they get the death penalty, but I wish those who fight to keep "marijuana" illegal would realize that this would not have happened if "marijuana" wasn't illegal and worth so much money, but they will just continue to say it is because of "marijuana" that this happened and not the law against it.

Back
Top Bottom