Fox farms products

justjr27

has anyone used fox farms ocean forest soil and fox farm big grow, big bloom, and tiger bloom togethor in a grow and if yes please let me know if u followed their chart if not what was your techinique and results please any feedback would help

Hi justjr27,

Yes, I've used those three products exclusively during my grows on here. I basically followed the FF feeding schedule for soil, with a few variations. Seems all plants react differently to nutes, including various phenos within a strain so you kinda need to take that into account as you go, using the FF schedule as a baseline.

I've found, and others on here have said the same thing, that going cold turkey from Grow Big to Tiger Bloom at flowering doesn't seem to work that well. I've had better results by weening the plants from the Grow Big to the Tiger Bloom over a few feedings. When nearing week 5 into flowering, I'll go with 2tsp GB + 2tsp TB + 1tbls BB for a couple of feedings. The additional GB is added for extra Nitrogen to prevent premature yellowing and leaf drop as your plants reach maturity.

Good luck with your grow!!

:peace:

Harry

harry im going to veg my rooted clones for 1 week and then flower for 7 weeks can you make me a feeding shedule that u would do i this grow including how many time to feed every week and how much nuts in the water i know its asking alot but i really would be greatful if u could do this for me

Well, I have my doubts that they would be ready in 7 weeks. I'd plan on around 9 weeks, or so. ;)

FF OF will probably get you by for the first couple of weeks. After that, I'd start with 1/4 strength TB and BB and work my way up. You'll probably need to kick in some GB starting at week 4 or 5 for a couple of feedings to keep the N up. Heck, you might have to add in some GB before then, depending on how you plants like the TB and whether it's getting enough N.

There's really no way for me to know exactly how you plants will react in the growing environment you have so I can't suggest an exact schedule. All I can offer is general guidelines. You'll need to determine the best feeding schedule during your first couple of grows of the strain.

I suggest you start a journal and the fine folks here can help keep you on track. :smokin:

Harry

Hey harry... you gotta get the Beastie Bloomz from FF... its like lil crystals... The guy at the hydro shop said to use that GB for the nit. in it. Have you used that?
I've been wanting to try out some of those late flowering nutes like Cha Ching and Beastie Bloom. I'm gonna get some when I have a few xtra $$ to put toward the grow. Problem is, I'm always wanting something that requires xtra $$ going into my grow and I never seem to have any. :smokin:

Harry

ok i was told to veg for two weeks istead of one so my plants will grow a little bigger and it will improve my yield So you think the soil will have enough nuts for the clones for the first two weeks of veg or can i add some big bloom from week one like the ff charts say in low amount to see how the plant recieves it and then after week two after i switch the lights to 12/12 i can start to add Tiger Bloom in low amounts to see how its recieves it as well

Nope Nunya, my experience with growing is limited to soil (or soilless grow medium) only at this point. Perhaps I'll move in that direction one day, but at this point, I'm having too much fun getting my hands dirty. :smokin:

Harry

Yeah that's understandable. I have a hydro setup myself (I like how quick it is) and I'm trying to figure the nutes out and you seemed like you might be a good one to ask Mr. "plant & nug of the month". I'm thinking of going with Fox farms but at this point I'm just trying to see everyones opinions on different things.

Harry, i just started using ff with promix bx. i use the bb in my makeup water for the promix, then after 2 weeks for seedlings, taper into green label gb. have you used promix? so far i like the convenience and texture, and the micro-organisms included seem like a good idea.

forget the liquid feed for the first 5 weeks. Using the fox farm soil is good enough for veg stage. The flowering is most important. Using the water soluble dry mixes is the best. fox farm has open sesame, beastie bloomz, and cha ching for the last few weeks. these work by far better than anything else on the market. for some reason this water soluble stuff really works and also insures proper ph balance throughout. you can pick up the trio at any hydro store and you will not be disappointed. believe that!

I got them in the 2 different 3packs. GB BB &TB in one OS CC MB in the other:morenutes: I also grow only in soil and mostly outside. I couldn't be happier . I use tap water and a few drops of lemon juice as the PH requires. They do have a seventh product..."Sledgehammer" It helps to stabilize the PH. I make my own soil so I feed heavily and often with a flush as changeover times require.....as previously stated...Your results may vary.....and objects in the mirror are closer than they appear:morenutes:

Hydro FF and Soil FF are NOT the same thing:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom