FoxFarms nutes

akaman

i started out using foxfarm nutes (tiger bloom,big bloom and gro big) when i was vegging and the plants would wilt at first and then after awhile they would return to normal. my question is now that im flowering should i continue to use all three since im also feeding ferts too (jamaican guano)? or should i leave out the tiger bloom since i read a post by someone who said they wouldn't use it but never stated why. i'm more or less following the foxfarms feed schedule. i'm in the first week of flowering. thx in advance:smokin:

Ok, let me make sure I understand...you were using all three through the whole grow? If thats the case, you're lucky you were using organic nutes, or you would've burned them down. And guano too? When you go to flower you want to cut nitrogen and boost phosphorous, so tailor your nutes to provide that and you'll be fine.

You should cut out the Grow Big and continue with the Tiger Bloom and the Big Bloom. Then at 4-5 weeks into 12/12 give them a few shots of gow big which will help them carry the N through till the end....

PS.... Grow big and Tiger Bloom are not organic.....

I only use big bloom for flowering,I think you should do a good rinse with just distilled water for awhile and then use a nute just for vegging and then I do it every other watering,over fert. is a big killer and same with over water.Use a people scale when its completely dry and then after a full watering then you always know.I'm new too but thats my 2 cents.

Jamaican bat guano is high in Phosphorus.

I would use it in conjunction with the Tiger Bloom and discontinue the Grow Big and Big Bloom. :peace:

thx all for your responses

SouthernWeed: I gave plain water in the first wk of vegging since i was using foxfarms ocean forest soil then for the next 2 wks i nuted with big bloom, then i switched to gro big and big bloom for 2 wks,then i switched to tiger bloom and big bloom for 2 wks, all the while using mexican guano. in the veg stage i caught hell but they kept bouncing back. by week 8 i started the flowering stage so i switched to all 3 nutes and started giving them jamaican guano. since the beginning i was ferting every other day. no burn so i was luck i guess . OBXgardener told me to go easy on everything so thats what i did. + reps to OBX for his input.

Be Irie: you always have good advice, thx for the response, i'll try as you say and see what happens.+ reps to you.

spike69: if i run into problems, i will do a rinse as you suggest. i haven't had any problems with overferting since i fert them every other day and i add plain water in between only when the soil is dry, but i did run into problems with the nutes which i gave once a day. i just mixed more water to cut the strength and that seemed to work.

RooRman: you and Be Irie seem to be at odds as far as which nutes to use and which to discontinue. i really don't know what to do since i respect both of you and your comments because you both have given me great advice in the past. hmm, dilemma, dilemma..........i think i'll try your way with 2 of the plants and Be Irie's way with the other 2 and see how it turns out.+reps bro

thx again everyone for the responses . i really appreciate it especially cause this is my first grow:smokin:

Not sure that we are at odds... I say to use the BB cause it is very mellow and organic and is not high in N P or K.. It has some good micro's ... FF recommends that the BB be used in conjunction with the GB and TB.. Either way it won't hurt or hinder it... :ganjamon:

420 said:
Product list:

Grow Big--$16
Tiger Bloom--$16
Big Bloom --$16
Open Seseme--$23
ChaChing--$23
Beastie Bloom --$23
And the Optional : Bush Doctor Sledgehammer--$26

There is a 3-pack available for $65 of Open Sesame, Cha Ching and Beastie Bloom IF you can find it!

The last 4 Products are used in small quantities and only at specific times during the grow -- so if you know someone who wanted to go in on the 3-pack with ya, it would be worth it!

Here's the FoxFarms Feeding Schedule for Soil... Hydro is MUCH more complex, unless you use bubblersthen you can follow a Phasic feeding schedule (At end of weekly schedule!)

FOX FARMS FEEDING SCHEDULES

WEEKLY FEEDING- per Gallon
Sprouting and week 1--BigBloom 2TBS
week 2-- 2tsp Grow Big + 2TBS Big Bloom
Week 3--3tsp Grow Big + 2TBS Big Bloom
Week 4--JUST 3 tspGrow Big + 1/4 tsp Open Sesame
Week 5 same as week 4 unless going 12/12--

Week 5- OR--day 1 of 12/12-- 2 tsp Tiger Bloom +1TBS Big Bloom + 1/2 tsp Open Sesame
Week 6--same as above
Week 7-- 2 Tsp Grow Big + 2 tsp Tiger Bloom +1TBS Big Bloom + 1/4 tsp Beastie Bloom
Week 8-- 2Tsp Grow Big + 2 tsp Tiger Bloom +1TBS Big Bloom + 1/2 tsp Beastie Bloom
Week 9-- 2 tsp Tiger Bloom +1TBS Big Bloom + 1/4 tsp Cha Ching
week 10-- Same as above
Week 11--2 tsp Tiger Bloom +1TBS Big Bloom + 1/2 tsp Cha Ching

At beginning of week 11--Check Trichomes-- Flush if ready.. otherwise, continue as with week 11 every week until you flush!

Also recomended--but not a nessesity--
Bush Doctor Sledgehammer (prevents lock-out)
use 2 drops per gallon of water between feedings starting in week 4 of 12/12

Hope this helps

I am using pro-mix bx. just off the phone with fox farms. they recommend starting with big bloom mixed in the media, no nutes for 2 weeks, then grow big (green label for soil), switch to tiger bloom when you start 12/12 till flushing time. for better results 2 weeks open sesame at start of 12/12, 3-4 weeks of beastie budz, then a week or two of cha ching before flushing. each of the three solubles to be used in addition to tiger bloom. they clearly said not to use big grow with tiger bloom and that the most important soluble to add is beastie budz. they also cautioned about using other nutes ( i asked about dutch master)which have certain synthetic ferts, as they will kill the beneficial bacteria which comes in the pro-mix bx. very helpful those guys

I am using pro-mix bx.

:welcome: ganjagiggle

ur gonna find a wealth of info here at 420 magazine.so many different growers from all around the world, using different techniques, different growing mediums and nutrients, fertilizers, soils etc.

i personally started my first gro with foxfarms ocean forest soil, bought the 3 main nutes (gro big, big bloom and tiger bloom), and bat guano to fertilize( mexican for veg state and jamaican for flowering). i also used the foxfarm feeding schedule. so far i've had no major problems, i've kept everything to a minimum cause u can always add whenever u feel they need more. GL with your gro dude, and welcome to the community:smokin:

Thanks Akaman! The diversity of information IS awesome. It can be dificult with so many diferent, at times opposing, opinions to make a decision. So pretty much as you did, I decided to KISS. Not saying that FF products are all that, but with any product, availing oneself of the free advise of the manufacturer can be invaluable. In my case my goal is to bottom water plants in trays. I had decided to use big bloom as a primary flowering nute with grow big for veg. big bloom settles out so i had to top water (not happy about). finding out that big bloom is intended as an additive rather than a primary nute and that the tiger bloom was the right nute and entirely soluble was a win win. BTW the ladies look good, and am considering adding some beastie budz to the new program.

Thanks Akaman! The diversity of information IS awesome. It can be dificult with so many diferent, at times opposing, opinions to make a decision.

First plant I ever grew had practically no added nutrients (was in soil). It lived. It grew. It flowered. I harvested...

...some bud. It wasn't really what you'd call a learning experience unless you count the fact that I learned that a plant that has been on this planet far longer than "civilized" humans (and quite likely longer than anything that qualifies for the term human) have is pretty much going to survive unless you take an axe to it lol.

From that type of scenario, it's pretty easy to get marked improvement with just about any set of nutrients.

Most people will tell you what works for them.

And many people will, after consideration, try a slightly different feeding schedule, playing around with additives, or even completely switching to an altogether different nutrient. If they feel that the new method works better for them then they'll run with it.

But how many people run multiple identical grows simultaneously with clones from the same mother and only make one change at a time so that they can do direct comparisons? And continue to do so, crop after crop?

So there are going to be few (if any) people who can tell you what works best. And even if they could, it would be what worked best in the same environment, growing style, etc. that they used when performing the experiments - and with clones from THAT particular mother.

Thus, you are going to get almost as many variations on which particular nutrients/additives (and how much) that people use as there are people to answer you.

And some of them might seem to be at odds with each other.

Back
Top Bottom