France: A Call For Fresh Cannabis Laws

Jacob Redmond

Sporting T-shirts and caps printed with marijuana leaves and with joints hanging from their lips, hundreds of people demonstrated in Paris on Saturday as part of a world march calling for the legalization of cannabis.

Crowds of protesters, many dressed in Jamaican colors, made their way through the streets of the French capital from the Place de la Republique to Bastille calling for the legalization of recreational marijuana use.

"What do we want? Legalization," chanted the crowd, wreathed in clouds of hashish smoke and gathered behind a banner reading "Another drug policy is possible" and placards calling for "Ganga for all."

Some, like 16-year-old Julien, came because they wanted to "smoke in peace".

"Legalization would mean less trafficking, better products and perhaps less crime," he explained, between puffs.

But for others, the Global Marijuana March - which also held events in Brazil, Greece, Costa Rica, the US, Germany and South Africa among others this month - was about calling for a better life for the terminally ill.

Beatrice, 52, has AIDS and a disorder of the nervous system that confined her to a wheelchair 20 years ago. "But since I started smoking marijuana, I have felt better," she said. "I am walking again, it helps my therapy and it helps me to eat."

For 15 years she has consumed between 0.8 and one gram of cannabis per day and, encouraged by her doctor, she now grows it in her garden. "I try to be discreet," she said.

14024.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: A call for fresh cannabis laws - Manila Standard Today
Author: AFP
Contact: Manila Standard Today | Latest News in the Philippines
Photo Credit: GW Pharmaceuticals
Website: Manila Standard Today | Latest News in the Philippines

Sporting T-shirts and caps printed with marijuana leaves and with joints hanging from their lips, hundreds of people demonstrated in Paris on Saturday as part of a world march calling for the legalization of cannabis.

Crowds of protesters, many dressed in Jamaican colors, made their way through the streets of the French capital from the Place de la Republique to Bastille calling for the legalization of recreational marijuana use.

"What do we want? Legalization," chanted the crowd, wreathed in clouds of hashish smoke and gathered behind a banner reading "Another drug policy is possible" and placards calling for "Ganga for all."

Some, like 16-year-old Julien, came because they wanted to "smoke in peace".

"Legalization would mean less trafficking, better products and perhaps less crime," he explained, between puffs.

But for others, the Global Marijuana March - which also held events in Brazil, Greece, Costa Rica, the US, Germany and South Africa among others this month - was about calling for a better life for the terminally ill.

Beatrice, 52, has AIDS and a disorder of the nervous system that confined her to a wheelchair 20 years ago. "But since I started smoking marijuana, I have felt better," she said. "I am walking again, it helps my therapy and it helps me to eat."

For 15 years she has consumed between 0.8 and one gram of cannabis per day and, encouraged by her doctor, she now grows it in her garden. "I try to be discreet," she said.

14024.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: A call for fresh cannabis laws - Manila Standard Today
Author: AFP
Contact: Manila Standard Today | Latest News in the Philippines
Photo Credit: GW Pharmaceuticals
Website: Manila Standard Today | Latest News in the Philippines
:goodjob:In de hoop dat er vele ogen worden geopend. Het is er nu de tijd voor! Geen betere pijnbestrijding en ik kan het weten.
Kees:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom