Full Spectrum LED CoB or White CoB?

OldnTired

I have started to see these units being used for grow lights.
Maybe I just didn't refine my search to notice them or they are fairly new. The combo of CoB, Driver, CPU Heat Sink w/Fan(HS) seems very popular. I was going to use the Cree 3070 or 3050 but how would the Full Spectrum CoBs compare?
I seen a forum user make a panel and his estimates were 1$ per watt. A 100 watt panel cost him ~100.00$ using the full spectrum CoBs.

I have started to see these units being used for grow lights.
Maybe I just didn't refine my search to notice them or they are fairly new. The combo of CoB, Driver, CPU Heat Sink w/Fan(HS) seems very popular. I was going to use the Cree 3070 or 3050 but how would the Full Spectrum CoBs compare?
I seen a forum user make a panel and his estimates were 1$ per watt. A 100 watt panel cost him ~100.00$ using the full spectrum CoBs.

Until someone does a side by side it would be very hard to say. I will say that CREE are a well known quality assured name and the full spectrum chips are just made in China by smaller companies - however most stuff is made in China, some good quality some bad.... Full spectrum is specifically aimed at growing, that may outweigh some of the extra efficiency of the CREE chips, I don´t know. Price is similar.

There are 2 types of full spectrum COBS, one I do not recommend as it is composed of many different colored LEDs mounted on a COB. They have been proven to fail as each diode has different power needs and are all being driven the same. The other is a phosphor coated LED, all diodes are the same.

Thanks for the reply ibaba, I was hoping you would comment.
I notice you used a CoB with the phosphor coating, do you currently have a grow in progress?

Back
Top Bottom