Fullerton Planners To Discuss Medical Marijuana Sites

Spliff Twister

A zoning amendment to prohibit medical marijuana dispensaries in the city will be considered at the 4 p.m. Wednesday Planning Commission meeting.

The panel continued the agenda item from its Sept. 27 meeting to allow for further discussion and public comment.

State law permits the use of marijuana where medical use is deemed appropriate and when recommended by a doctor. But federal law prohibits the manufacture or distribution and use of various drugs, including marijuana.

Because of the legal conflicts, the city staff said it was imperative to amend the zoning code to address the dispensaries.

City Attorney Dick Jones accumulated information from the Narcotics Division of the Los Angeles Police Department that showed changes in crime patterns in districts in which dispensaries operate.

He also noted that Riverside County and the city of Cypress have recently created ordinances prohibiting the dispensaries.

In addition, Fullerton police Capt. Greg Mayes compiled a report based on research showing dispensaries are of particular interest to criminals, and will fall victim to armed robberies and commercial burglaries.

Mayes said he checked with the Anaheim Police Department after the dispensary in that city was robbed shortly after it opened.

He also predicted there would be crimes committed against dispensary customers after they pick up the merchandise.

The commission will make a recommendation to the City Council, which will make the final decision.

The commission meeting will be at City Hall, 303 W. Commonwealth Ave. Information: 714-738-6540.

Newshawk: Spliff Twister - www.420Times.com
Source: ocregister.com, Orange County
Pubdate: October 24, 2006
Author: BARBARA GIASONE
Copyright: Copyright 2006 The Orange County Register
Website: Orange County Register: Local News, Sports and Things to Do

Growing Slow said:
We'll because this is my town and i have seen the old money we have on our city council and there is no way in hell or Fullerton that they will pass this and let Fullerton have a med shop.

I hate to be negative but this is the way it is in F town. We will be right there with cypress and riverside.

GS

I agree with you man, the council there is pretty F*cking stupid, how long did it take to even try to save the Fox Theater?
:bongrip:

amen to that, yea, they consulted anaheim ? haha thats my city, and I have to say, YOUR FUCKED... the funny part is street cops I have talked to, all support MMJ, but the chiefs etc, are all part of the problem, jewelry stores get robbed too, but I'm sure they would let them open up anywhere...

the bullshit about patients getting robbed coming out of the dispensaries is just hogwash too, maybe in los angeles that's a danger (even tho I've been to probably 20 dispensaries in and around LA and never even felt out of place let alone in danger)

in the end, poor city planning and poor law enforcement is what causes crime, not pot stores

but why bother to take responsibility for your own mess right ?

Marek said:
amen to that, yea, they consulted anaheim ? haha thats my city, and I have to say, YOUR FUCKED... the funny part is street cops I have talked to, all support MMJ, but the chiefs etc, are all part of the problem, jewelry stores get robbed too, but I'm sure they would let them open up anywhere...

the bullshit about patients getting robbed coming out of the dispensaries is just hogwash too, maybe in los angeles that's a danger (even tho I've been to probably 20 dispensaries in and around LA and never even felt out of place let alone in danger)

in the end, poor city planning and poor law enforcement is what causes crime, not pot stores

but why bother to take responsibility for your own mess right ?

Sup man, Anaheim here too!:allgood:

You guys going to the Foxx Theater this thurs to watch Beatlejuice?

Back
Top Bottom