Fustrated in Tri-Cities Washington

Baciagalupe

Man, I finally get my MMJ card and now I'm up against the obstacle of finding a provider in my area. I don't understand why legitimate patients can't get their medicine. I don't understand the issues. Do I have to go to the streets to get my medicine, even though I have the card. This is crazy man.

Re: Fustrated in Tri-Cities Washington...

Yep ot can be a pain if you don't grow yourself. Haven't heard of any dispensaries in the tri-cities area. There was supposed to be one in the Yakima area.

Re: Fustrated in Tri-Cities Washington.

I just recieved my authorization today and am in the same situation. THCF did give me a handout of "Washington State patient Resource list for providers/medicine'. There is a section for Eastern Washington and there is one that is serving Tri-cities/Moses Lake Area. There is a total of 7 for E. WA. state. I told a young fella at work that I was going out on a disability and was getting legal for MMJ and he said I think I can help ya out, I hope he can, I hate to go places I have know idea where the stuff comes from, but I guess it will be the same with the kid to. I plan to grow and just got a T5 badBoy 16 light the otherday after reading a grow journal here, the fella got 25 oz. from his first grow using two of the BB 12 light fixtures good enough for me, times a wasting got to get busy. LZ13

Who knows, maybe your coworker grows it himself. You might be surprised at the number of people that grow their own meds (and are willing to help others). Or, having read threads at this site, you might not be surprised.

700 grams of bud from 2 12-bulb T5 fixtures? I believe I read a post here by DroJo in which he stated that those things draw ~768 watts per fixture (and if this does not count ballast losses then the total amount would be even higher). If true, that's 1536 watts. NOT very efficient if such a setup only nets 700 grams at harvest time. Your 16-light fixture would draw 1024 watts, it appears. A single 1000-watt HPS would use a comparable amount of electricity but should be able to easily produce as much as those two 12-bulb fixtures that you mentioned (some manage one gram per watt or 1000 grams out of a 1kW HPS). Or, looked at another way - a 600-watt HPS could in theory produce almost as much (~21 ounces) if conditions were right at less than half the electrical requirements. While not wanting to start a debate between HPS vs. florescent lighting in this thread, if you are going to be living on a broken (fixed) income - I believe you mentioned disability - it might be important to consider your monthly bills. And while the average HPS bulb produces more heat than the average florescent one, 16 hi-wattage fluorescents would likely produce at least if not more heat than a 600-watt HPS (which is available in an air-cooled hood/fixture). So again, you might find that for a given amount of bud that HPS is still cheaper even if the initial cost of that T5 setup is less than the $200-$350 you'd spend for the HPS (I don't know, I haven't checked T5 prices).

TorturedSoul, thanks for the education on electicity, I didn't have a clue. The kid is also an electrician, I'll tap him for info. he's coming over tommorro. Its been 19 yrs. without using, I'm now 58 and I am just a little excited and I am a legit physically messed-up guy, but I always liked trippin. I paid dang near 500 for the 16 bulb t5. I figured on a couple 600W HPS anyways so I'll use the t5 and then put it in the nursery. I am learning as fast as I can but there is a lot to this nowadays. I have a very good job so fortunately there is no broken [fixed] income. Now I can use it medicinally while on disability. I have been blessed in ways and tortured in others, as most of us have. Excuse my rambling, still on bigtime pain meds and have been known to blather on at times....... LZ13

Have you had any luck? I have my mmj card and live in the tri-city area too. Almost wonder if it was worth getting the card. I can find a provider either. If you or some one else knows please let me know where to get my med? I went to THCF in Richland, WA for mine. The ones I do find want no less then 130 to 160 donations. I can't come up with that much donations at one time.

There are tons up in the Seattle/Tacoma area. If you save up your cash and make some larger purchases, it would make the road trip worth it at least. You may even get a better discount on an ounce or more (depending on where you go).

I see this all of the time all over the NW. It kind of ticks me off especially after they just closed our very first legit dispensary style store front here in Eugene. This just totally sucks especially for the patient! Not to mention that OMMP growers have no choice to sell their locally grown weed to people that are taking it east. Yeah, I know the truth hurts. Why is this? IMO It's partially because way too many new OMMP are led to believe that once they get their OMMP card, they will never have to pay for weed again. No shit! I've lost count of how many patients that I see seeking a grower. Translated into Oregon lango. This means... "I need a free Z per month" Which I'm very sorry to say, just can not happen with every patient that a grower comes across. Not if they want to keep their light's on.
Once a patients here finds out that they might still have to pay for herb, many will then hit the grow shops, only to find months latter, that growing it is actually just a lot of hard work. Not to mention that there is some degree of skill that usually only comes from decades of growing.
There was once upon a time when I made my own beer. Now I just buy it. Guess what, I have yet to find even a single beer maker that just gives cases of their best beer away for free. Not to say that we don't gift, our share of weed here at HBF. The point is that we can only afford to gift so many patients, if we want choose to continue to do what we do. Most growers here no that the days of making big money at this game are but far gone, most only continue to do this because we truly love it.
The bottom line to my little rant is that if you add all this up. Under the current laws, we all loose, the average patients like Baciagalupe loose the most when down they can't go to their local grower and get what they need for a reasonable fee. Many just like him just end up back on the streets. It behooves me how law enforcement could think that it was a good thing to shut down our first legit local store front. Be it here in Eugene or anywhere else for that matter.

I have said for many years now that legal or not. This biz is much like a bubble in a water hose, if you squeeze the bubble here and it grows bigger over there.

Peace HappyBudFarms

HappyBudFarms

Back
Top Bottom