G-420 Parade and Protest in Toronto TODAY

Members of Toronto's cannabis community will be hosting the G-420 parade on Saturday, June 26 in downtown Toronto. The protest will start at 12pm at Dundas Square and parade will depart at 2pm to Queens Park South, via Yonge and Wellesley Streets.

Organizers are adamant that nobody attend the protest wearing masks, asserting that anyone who does so will be assumed to be an undercover police officer/agent provocateur.

What: G-420 Protest
When: 12pm, Saturday, June 26
Where: Dundas Square, Yonge and Dundas, Toronto

Go to G420.org

"The G-20 is an absolute waste of money, where very little is ever actually accomplished. A cursory glance at the security setup shows that protesters will be neither seen nor heard" said Jacob Hunter, G-420 organizer, "We are here to bring our message to the people of Toronto, that the drug war, despite $1 Trillion dollars spent, has actually increased drug availability, while enriching ever more violent organized criminals"

Organizers of the rally promise music, speeches and large amounts of marijuana smoking. There are rumours online that free marijuana will be given away at the parade, though organizers say they are not involved with any such plan.

"I have heard these rumours and I can't say I am bothered by them. Given the tense atmosphere in downtown Toronto, I frankly think people could use a little free marijuana", said Hunter. "Marijuana is safer than alcohol or tobacco, and nobody has ever overdosed from it; with everything going on at the G20, I think Toronto police have better things to worry about than free marijuana."

NewsHawk: Ganjarden: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: Cannabis Culture
Copyright: 2010 Cannabis Culture

Back
Top Bottom