Geo-Ponics: best of both worlds?

Curbcalamity

so im just wondering if anyone is running geoponics? imagine a standard hydroset up with plants in coco/perlite over nute soup. but replace it with a living soil and plain water. Im contemplating doing it for my new grow but Im not sure, it means a bit of an investment money wise for something I have heard anyoe doing or trying, is there a reason for that? also, does anyone else find amended soils take 2-3 runs to like, get used to your room when indoors?

There is no "standard hydro setup." There is passive/handwatered hydroponics, which includes "hempy." There is active hydroponics, which includes DWC (Deep Water Culture) and its variants, Ebb & Flow (aka Flood & Drain), there is NFT (Nutrient Film Technique)... aquaponics... aeroponics...

There is no "standard hydro setup." There is passive/handwatered hydroponics, which includes "hempy." There is active hydroponics, which includes DWC (Deep Water Culture) and its variants, Ebb & Flow (aka Flood & Drain), there is NFT (Nutrient Film Technique)... aquaponics... aeroponics...

Standardydro to me means soiless substrate over aerated and nutrient rich water supply. This is the system called "hydroponics"

But you never answered the question

Sub irrigated planters like the earthbox have a water reservoir under the soil that keeps it moist. I'm currently just starting a grow using a DIY version made from a rubbermaid tote.
I just worry about aeration of root zone and the inability to to empty and fill it. My plan was replace my.coco/perlite with organic soil then place.ot over aerated water but I could just do a quick system in that situation

Back
Top Bottom