Recycling my soil

I'mOne

Ok im going to reuse last years soil as a basis for my new soil...heres what i have use of..

Aged horse manure that i dropped red wigglers in last fall it looks great, likethe ewc i bought at the store maybe better

Kelp

Biochar

Bloodmeal

Bone meal

Aglime

Epsom salt

Oyster shell

Azomite

Peat moss

Perlite

Powdered diatomacous earth

Bark mulch from the city that is also about a year old

Using these amendments how would you improve myold soil?

It was composed of foxfarm happy frog, foxfarm ocean grow.. perlite and peat in more or less equal amounts and went through one season and then set out in the weather for several months
I do not have access to lots of other amendments and this will be an outdoor grow
I can check the ph with a slurry test but have not yet

Leave out the bark mulch. That's not a good input for soil. Best used in an area where you DONT want anything to grow.

I'm serious. It will take several YEARS for it to break down while those years are passing by, the microbes are using all the nitrogen in the soil as energy to eat the wood mulch.

Blood meal has a yuk factor dont ya think? That and what was the animal that gave up its blood eating as a diet? Food for thought.

Substitute crustacean meal ( shrimp/lobster/crab) for aglime. Aglime has too much Mg in it.

Can use gypsum along with the crustacean meal. Wont affect the soil Ph like the aglime will.

You need some rock dust azomite is ok... just pricey so if you have it use it.

No need to slurry test soil, well unless you're dead set on the aglime. Slurry test is unreliable as well. Soil pH should be tested in laboratory condition for accuracy.

Growing in the ground will buffer any pH issues anyway so dont worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom