Germinating from soil - Help

CookiesKush

Hi all,

I'll soon have a micro tent set up and wanted to know the processing from germinating in soil, from what I have gathered;

Water the pots and leave for 24 hours
Place seed in 1.5cm hole and cover with soil add a few drops on top and leave for few days with cling film on top covering the pot.

What about lights? CFL at this stage?
What about fans at this stage?

Is the method explained above correct?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Is a method I use all the time. Take a china plate and put a plain white paper towel in the center. Fold it up afew times, place your seed between the folds of the towel, I write with marker the strains names before I wet it. Wet it with tap water and soak it. After soaking for a second hold the plate so all the water drains off. After water stops dripping out cover with plastic wrap. Now the hard part, find the right heat source. Body temp is whatever, you want to find heat that is barely noticeable over your own temp. Just alittle warm, Like the back of a TV or ontop a PC tower, hell even the fridge or hot water heater. After acouple hours there should be some condensation beading up on the plastic wrap. Most viable seeds pop within 3 days. Check daily, Then transplant when tap root is 1/4" about, make a hole in substrate and aim tap root down, backfill. Try to have your substrate close in temps, as not to shock her roots. Hope it helps Keepem Green

A couple /few cfl's(5000/6500k) once they break soil on whatever schedule you use...norm is 24/7 or 18/6...keep them close...but not so close as to burn them...2/3 inches is a rule of thumb...depending on wattage...cheerz...h00k...

I've got my seeds through today, decided to go with Joint Doctors Purple Ryder strain

The setup will be 30x30x60, wish I had more space to work with but this is the best I can do. I've got through some PC fans, 1 x 120mm and 2 x 80mm...

Still deciding on what size airpots or maybe even sea of green. Will 1 litre air pots be too small?

Thanks Dr Hook for he advice! CFLs seem to be the straight forward method, I was thinking about one of those UFO LEDs but not sure how good they are

Back
Top Bottom