Germination question; parnoid im doing it wrong somehow lol.

1stimer

is there anyway to go wrong while germinting? i have 2 paper plates with 2 paper towels i put the 2 seeds about 3 inches apart in between the 2 towels then placed the plates on top of each other to close off any light and then i have it in a box copletley covered and seeld in a closet i started last night night i am keeping them extrmley wet and in the dark you think should work for sures and the seeds stem pop out so i can plant correclty. i have everything i need to do this i just need this part to work. please put me at eeez so i know i am doing it right lol...

oh yea and thanks to that replied to my first two questions, im new at this im strating to get the hang of it "blazed" out of my mine probobly doesnt help either lol..

thanks
1stimer

Re: Germination question; parnoid im doing it wrong somehow lol..helpputme@eezzz

I would say paper plates would not be good for germinating seeds. Once wet, they will start to dry off, and in the process draw heat from the seeds. Kind of like when you sweat, you cool off from the evaporation of sweat. Remember, you want to keep them warm and moist until the taproot pops out. Keep them wrapped in wet paper towels in a zip-lock bag, and keep them warm. As soon as the taproot is 1/4 of an inch to 1/2 inch, put them in wet, warm soil. That's always worked for me.

Re: Germination question; parnoid im doing it wrong somehow lol..helpputme@eezzz

I'd recommend using plastic wrap on top of the plate instead of another plate. This way you know it's air tight. That way you dont run the risk of the paper towels drying out. That's the way I do it. There are other very experienced growers on this site who simply drop the seeds into a glass of water. Which is proven to be effective too.

And NO NUTES in the soil for at least a week. I've killed many seeds like that.

you think i can just change out the paper plate and use ceramic plate and use a paper plate to put over it? thanks 1stimer

Back
Top Bottom