Getting rid of the smell

Twoeckner

hey yall im new to the forum and new to growing. i plan on growing 2-3 plants about 3-4 ft tall under the bar in my basement. i am going to be using cfl roughly 6 on top and 2-4 on each side of the grow space. i feel like i have done alot of research on how to grow and properly take care of the plant. but one question thats stopping me from planting right now is how to get rid of the smell 100% i live with my parents and they will not allow me to grow so how can i insure that they will not smell my plants through the veg stage, flowering, harvesting, drying, and curing? i plan on building a 5 gallon diy carbon air filter that will take the air from my grow box and push it out to my basement but will that still have a "weed" smell to it? would it be best if i were to run the out take from the carbon filter to outside and vent it through my wall? basically how do you go about smell proofing a box. the box is going to be around 2ft deep 5ft long and 4ft tall.

thanks.:peace:

you're going to need to open it for feedings and watering etc at these times smell is going to escape even with a carbon filter. This means you really can't have any insurance your parents won't smell it. I don't think anyone wants to advise you cause of the disrespect you are showing your parents, it is their house and so it's their rules. if you don't like the rules move out .

i understand the disrespect that i am showing to parents. that is why i want to keep it as stealth as it can be. they are fully against MJ and are impossible to reason with to try to convince that mj is not essentially a bad thing to cultivate and to use. no matter what studies come out to prove the health benefits of mj my parents stand on the "it is a drug therefore it will kill you" side. for me mj was a life saver. i have chronic neck and back pains including spasms of the lower back soo as i start to do physical activity. i have perception meds that help with these but do not totally cure me. ever since i started using mj i was able to play high school sports. club soccer, club pole vault, and over all i have just been happier with my life. as soon as i stop using mj my pain comes back in just about a week. i have never once felt my pain or had an issue while using mj. iv tried to explain this to my parents and they just dont believe it. this is my only option because i cannot afford to be buying "meds" every week. so please guys im coming to you for advice and i would really appreciate it if you could help me.

Back
Top Bottom