GL60 Grow Tent. Quite fan and filter question.

BigLo

OK so I've been looking around the net and different forums, but can find the answer to my question. I'm about to purchase a gl60, i have space issues, and a 250 sun systems w/hps since this is going to be used for flowering. I've been looking for a good, or should I say proper setup when a exhaust fan and carbon filter. I know this tent is about 20 square feet, but i need something that can run quiet and at the same time remove the hot filtered air from the tent and keep temps down. I know a PC fan wouldn't work regards if it moves 100cfm. I thought about using 2 100cfm pc fans for intake air, but its the exhaust side thats got me stumped. Any suggestions? I got my og kush mum waiting to be cloned.

Thanks

Hi BigLo,

I recently setup a grow cab with a 250w system.

After all my research, I decided to go with the 4" Inline fan/filter combo at HTG Supply. The combo runs like $120 or so.

The fan is not the quietest thing in the world, but with some insulated ducting it doesn't sound too bad. Once you have the exhaust setup you will only need a few passive intakes, no need for the computer fans.

Hope that helps!

:peacetwo:

Marley

Thanks Marley15. I really need something quiet. I wouldnt use the pc fans for exhaust tho, just more of an example of how quiet I need to be. I will be using two PC fans for intake.

Thanks Marley15. I really need something quiet. I wouldnt use the pc fans for exhaust tho, just more of an example of how quiet I need to be. I will be using two PC fans for intake.

That gl60 is virtually the same size as my cab. I think you are going to have a hard time keeping it cool using a 250w w/o an inline fan. You can also set these inline fans up with a speed controller to lower the noise they make.

I would also scrap the active computer fan intake, a few passive intakes should be fine once you get an exhaust setup. (the negative pressure will pull air through the passives and save electricity!)

:peacetwo:

Marley

Re: GL60 Grow Tent. Quiet fan and filter question.

Yeah Believer I've been looking at the Sunleaves WindTunnel. Ill more than likely go with a windtunnel and build a silencer box and use insulated ducting.

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom