GoGreener - CGreen Bag Seed - Outdoor Grow Journal - 2014

GoGreener

Hi All,

This is my first grow (and first post), hope nobody minds if its a bit of a mess, im learning as we go.

I picked up a bag of particularly nice unknown weed and decided to try grown some more from the seeds, I struggle to get decent weed where I am so growing my own seems the best idea. Without further ado, heres what ive done so far.

Im growing in soil in 5 gal buckets outdoors. My soil mix is listed below.

First I took 2.5 gal Compost, 2.5 gal potting mix, 10 handfuls fertilizer pellets (chicken poop) and 2.5kg bonemeal and mixed that together, i wet it and then covered the mix up and let it ferment for 2 weeks.

I then put a third of the above mix into a 5 gal bucket, then a third 50/50 the above mix and top soil and then a third top soil. Things seem to be growing nicely so I hope I didnt muck up right in the beginning.

I planted 2 seeds per bucket (5 buckets total) and 10 days later (23 Aug) I had this
20140823.jpg

01 Sep
20140901.jpg

05 Sep
20140905.jpg

And then my phone got nicked and I lost a gap. I had removed the males in the last few weeks.

09 October - Seems my bagseed had a few different strains in it :)
20141009.jpg

20141009_2.jpg

20141009_3.jpg

20141009_4.jpg

19 October
20141019.jpg

20141019_2.jpg

20141019_5.jpg

25 October - These 2 started flowing way earlier then the rest
20141025.jpg

26 October - Gave the flowing plants a feed of 3 : 1 : 6 (N:p:K) as the orginal mix was low in potassium.
20141026.jpg

Thats it for now. Its been raining quite a bit lately so I cant tell how much water they are getting. Its a lot.

Thanks for having a look, will be updating soon.

I think the 3 : 1 : 6 might have disagreed with this girl.
20141031_165419.jpg

Idle Hands - I pinched all the tips off of this plant. I had read a lot of mixed results about doing this and figured it cant do too much harm. So far she is still looking good
20141031_165434.jpg

Just started flowering
20141031_165450.jpg

Xmas tree, should be ready by the Xmas time :D
20141031_165427.jpg

Early Achiever
20141031_165440.jpg

Night Shot (might be considered cheating as they look awesome under the flash)
20141028_204903.jpg

20141028_204844.jpg

looking good.

i cant wait to grow outside !!! im in for the harvest !!

i think the plants in the pic look great !! whats the question .

looks like u still have a lil ways to go .

the quesions are fine ,, if dont ask u cant learn ..

that plant dosent look like its to far into flowering .. i would give her a foliar feeding of the nutrient u mentioned.. just dilute it real good and use 1/2 strength or less ..

sounds good!! the plants that are foliar fed should respond quicker..

Is this even worth trying to dry, cure and smoke? Wow im bummed. Might be moving house soon and this was supposed to be my travel weed :(

damn that suxs ... sorry to see that .. i would just cut him down dry it ans see what is about !!

wow . do u know whats causing it ? stress? light?

at-least u got this far into flowering so u still get some good weed.

i cant tell if the pic u were asking about was seeds or a swole calyx.

Hi DL. It would seem its swollen calyx's in my previous pic as I havent seem any further seed production. I sampled a bit of the Hermi last night. It had dried to 7 days and has been curing for 2 days, it wasnt too bad, still smells a bit like grass (the type you mow, not smoke ;) ) but it did produce a decent buzz.

That plant gave me just under an ounce which should keep me going till the rest are ready.

There are seeds on the hermie, do you think those have a higher chance of being feminized or higher chance of producing more hermies?

Hi DL. It would seem its swollen calyx's in my previous pic as I havent seem any further seed production. I sampled a bit of the Hermi last night. It had dried to 7 days and has been curing for 2 days, it wasnt too bad, still smells a bit like grass (the type you mow, not smoke ;) ) but it did produce a decent buzz.

That plant gave me just under an ounce which should keep me going till the rest are ready.

There are seeds on the hermie, do you think those have a higher chance of being feminized or higher chance of producing more hermies?

my first grow i thought a swole calyx was a seed pod also ..lol
on the topic of the hermie seeds im not really sure . i think they have a good chance of being a hermie ..

Back
Top Bottom