Going Back Inside

OldManRedd

Years ago (like 20) I was a fairly avid closet grower. I had some minor successes, but nothing too get excited about. Regardless, I always tended to geek out and read tons of magazine articles, books, etc. As life goes, I quit growing indoors, but would occasionally throw a few seeds in the ground or containers just to see how it would go. Until recently.

A couple weeks ago I purchased a grow light.

This is the story of my journey back inside. So I thought I would share...

My setup is by no means extravagant, but it works for me. Below is what I've done:

• Strain(s)
    • Texada Timewarp
      • 2 being forced back to vegetative growth that were germinated mid-summer
      • 2 new that I started on / about 11/1/2012 and sprouted on / about 11/5/2012
    • Kali Mist
      • these seeds have not arrived yet, but they will arrive soon enough that i plan on germinating a couple for this first garden
  • Grow Light
    • HydroFarm 400W E-Ballast, 120V/HPS/MH
  • Vegetative Light Cycle
    • 18/6
  • Flowering Light Cycle
    • 12/12
  • Organic v Hydro
    • Organic
  • Grow Medium
    • The Natural Gardener Potting Soil
    • Worm castings from my vermicomposter bin
    • Bat guano from local supplier
  • Nutrients
    • Worm juice
      • the liquid run off from my worm bin
    • Fish Emulsion
      • used during vegetative cycle
    • Bat guano tea
      • used during vegetative cycle
    • Earth Safe Oragnics Rock Phosphate
      • to be mixed with fish emulsion and used during flowering cycle

Ok, so before any of you bud heads call me out for growing an outdoor strain indoors, it's what I had on hand so I went with it. I originally started these seeds mid-summer. Yes, technically too late for a Fall harvest, but I gave it a shot anyway. I started them in jiffy pot seed starters and 5 out of 6 germinated.

By October, however, I was left with only three girls. I harvested 2 and they were nice. I have since moved the remaining 2 inside and am currently attempting to force them back into vegetative growth. I found 3 more texada seeds and germinated them in my grow medium in egg shells. Two of the three germinated, but it's looking like only 1 will be worth keeping. I am expecting an order of kali mist seeds to arrive shortly and will probably attempt to germinate 3 - 5 of them and keep the rest for a second garden.

...and now the nurturing begins

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom