Good result despite exceeding the recommended ph level

Zion86

420 Member
It's been 2 weeks since I planted an OG Kush seed in a dark/rich soil medium. Everyday I put it under the sun for 3-5 hours.
The recommended ph level is 6.5 but in my country no drinking water has a ph less than 7.2, which I am using.

The result so far is very satisfying as you can see in the picture. I'm wondering if it is recommended to lower the ph using the vinegar method, or keep watering it the water I am using now (rich in minerals) ?

Attachments

• 8df5521d-5612-475d-a817-8977d1e5ca1f.jpg
    8df5521d-5612-475d-a817-8977d1e5ca1f.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 47
I use hose water on my outdoor plants, pH is about 7.2-7.4 and it’s well water very high in sulfur and iron here. I think it works fine until I bump up the nutrients before flowering, that’s when it seems like the plant likes a bit lower pH. I use citric acid or phosphoric acid (takes 2 drops) because vinegar seems a bit unstable for long term. The plants seem to take flowering nutrients better when the pH is closer to 6.5.
For my plants I think most important is that the pH not fluctuate. It can be a little high or a little low but not both in the same week. Your seedling looks healthy and like it has no problem with your water so far!

I use hose water on my outdoor plants, pH is about 7.2-7.4 and it’s well water very high in sulfur and iron here. I think it works fine until I bump up the nutrients before flowering, that’s when it seems like the plant likes a bit lower pH. I use citric acid or phosphoric acid (takes 2 drops) because vinegar seems a bit unstable for long term. The plants seem to take flowering nutrients better when the pH is closer to 6.5.
For my plants I think most important is that the pH not fluctuate. It can be a little high or a little low but not both in the same week. Your seedling looks healthy and like it has no problem with your water so far!
Thanks for the advice about the acid and vinegar. Will make sure to put your recommendation into practice :)

I’m sure some of the old timers here have advice about the same issues, that has just been my experience. There are definitely other factors (like chlorine) that I am lucky to not have to deal with in my water. Glad if I could help in any way, best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom