Got a bit of a dilemma on my hands

tonythc

I have a Atomic Bomb outside that was transplanted around the 2nd of april and has been flowering for some time.Its 5ft.tall and 4 1/2 ft.across with lots of nice buds.The pistls are still white but the trichomes are very cloudy now.I was hoping it would eventually go back to veg and finish out around october but it has been full on flowering.Today it looks like I am getting new growth at the top of some of the colas.My question is should I go ahead and harvest now or let it go.The buds are super sticky and smell really good.:nomo:

I have a Atomic Bomb outside that was transplanted around the 2nd of april and has been flowering for some time.Its 5ft.tall and 4 1/2 ft.across with lots of nice buds.The pistls are still white but the trichomes are very cloudy now.I was hoping it would eventually go back to veg and finish out around october but it has been full on flowering.Today it looks like I am getting new growth at the top of some of the colas.My question is should I go ahead and harvest now or let it go.The buds are super sticky and smell really good.:nomo:
cut off all the branches that have buds on them and harvest her, but leave some lower branches like Older suggested. You are kind of out of options unless you want to just let those buds rot off, those flowers will not be any good if you leave them on the plant till this fall. You might be able to carefully remove each bud from her and cure them and keep the main growth. either way your options are pretty slim
Something I've seen is to cut it back leaving some leaves on the lowest 4 branches.

It will regrow and give you another harvest late fall.
+reps my friend

Well, I harvested the plant today but left a lot of leaves and tried not to butcher her too bad.The buds are gonna be airy but it should be good smoke.My scissors were so caked with resin. I guess time will tell. Thanks again to the 420 you guys and gals never steer me wrong!:thumb:

Next time you put your plants out so early google sunrise and sunset for your area. If you are only getting 12 hours or less of light, just put a clamp on CFL over your plant on a timer to give it a total of at least 18 hours of light. each day you will gain about 2 minutes of daylight and you can change your timer by about 30 minutes each week until you are getting at least 16 plus hours of daylight. That is what I do and it only takes one little light even for bigger plants, the plants I planted in my back yard we between 3 to 4 feet tall when I moved them outside and each plant got one cfl nothing more and they stayed in veg for me

This years girls were transplanted about 45 days earlier than last year.Lesson learned this go round.My Dr.Grinspoon and Cookies Kush never really flowered like the Atomic Bomb so they should be fine.I also have a Tangerine Dream outside that was transplanted at the same time but it stayed in full on veg.After playing around with Auto's this year I am hooked.

Back
Top Bottom