Granddaddy purple outdoor

Bclivin

420 Member
27 days from seed to soil outdoor. Plants are taking off great, some way more than the others. Any tips on what to feed them and time frames? Current medium is a mix of peat moss, vermiculite, perlite and lime in a fish compost soil.

Attachments

• 20200520_215102.jpg
    20200520_215102.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 20200520_215053.jpg
    20200520_215053.jpg
    746.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 20200517_091332.jpg
    20200517_091332.jpg
    692.5 KB · Views: 38
Hi Bclivin,

Welcome to 420 Magazine :welcome:

I’m gonna go out on a limb here & say I would feed them plant food! Ok now that we got the smart ass part out of the way let’s dive in. It’s possible to use miracle grow or off the shelf plant food BUT the problem is the NPK ratios are out of line with our crop. Cannabis specific nutes will always up your game. Problem is many of those nutes are $$$$ for small bottle of rare left handed striped iguana turds from Mozambique. Many here use Mega Crop & for new growers it’s just one dry fertilizer added to water by weight (one gram per gallon) starting out. Others use Advanced Nutrients or Fox Farms. Check out our sponsors.

At first mix your nutrients weak like 1/2 or 1/4 strength and wait to see how plant responds. Also it’s better to start in small containers and get the plant rootbound, then upcan or repot into larger container when the plant is growing vigorously. This upcanning method applies to photoperiod plants, upcanning an auto is not for beginners. A weed plant that has been upcanned a few times will outpace a small seedling grown in a large container every day. So for now don’t attempt to move or transplant into a smaller container, just remember this for your next go round.

Go 2 or 3 days between watering, build the wet / dry cycle. Our plants grow better when roots have to search for water. Fill a smart pot with dry soil & lift it up, now compare that with your plant. Your plant should feel light as a feather before you water. Watch leaf posture, if leaves droop slightly then you’ll know it’s time to water.

Also since most folks are still experiencing early spring & not true summer weather at this time consider this: if those other containers have cannabis seedlings in them - get them up off the concrete pavers. In daytime an exposed concrete slab will warm up but at night the temps drop considerably. Concrete can suck the warmth out of plants so your night temps may be too cool slowing plant growth.

Keep reading journals here & asking questions. Hopefully more folks will drop in soon.

Cheers,

30 days into my 3 rd grow ( soil / inside grow room ) and one of the important lessons learned for me
is start the damn seed in a small container and POT UP a few times .
Repotted 4 times in 24 days to get to a 5 gal soft pot and I cannot believe the difference from my second grow , where I started w/ a 5 gal container.
amen O13.

Hey SM,

Roger that massive difference. Awesome that you got over the same hurdle. It does not make logical sense - one would think an upcan transplant would cause plants to crash but when done properly it causes them to zoom. I have 2 strategies depending on desired finished size that goes solo cup to 1 gallon to 7 gallon or solo cup to 2 gallon to 16 gallon. I grow every plant in custom supersoil.

Absolutely SM.

When done right upcanning works wonders, done wrong it can stall a plant. I killed a whole mess of auto & photo beans starting out. Then the ones that made it to seedlings died soon thereafter. Out of 20 some seeds I was down to my last 3 pack. Got pissed and read everything written by a few of the major players on here. Finally pulled down my first harvest in a couple of stages in Dec & Jan, took clones along the way and turned into perpetual grow. You will do well, keep after it, study hard here and you are on your way.

Back
Top Bottom