Green light for light leaks

Dark cycle should be as dark as possible. Outdoors can receive some light from full moons however indoors we have complete control which gives the advantage of keeping things extra dark (darker than nature).

Sometimes we experience light leaks. Lets say with a grow tent for example. Not just leaks from pin holes or grow tent structure issues. Lets say you have a exhaust fan in a port, when lights are off you need to cover that port (considering a grow tent is in a room thats bright from sun during the day as lights would be off in this scenario).

So what is your idea, get to the point fool...okay if a green light is in the room near where-ever potential light leaks are, and its on 24 hrs would the light leaking from outside the grow room be masked well enough from the green light that it wouldn't effect the plants?

I'm not talking a lot of light seeping in, just a bit.

Re: Green light for light leaks.

...okay if a green light is in the room near where-ever potential light leaks are, and its on 24 hrs would the light leaking from outside the grow room be masked well enough from the green light that it wouldn't effect the plants?

I'm not talking a lot of light seeping in, just a bit.

Hmmm, great question!

Since you obviously know that green light is the only light color that is reflected off of green leafed plants (Not used or needed at all), your idea seems to be a good one in theory.

The only problem is that I do not think that any light color can actually mask out another different light color. If it is getting in, it is getting in, but probably diluted.

Another problem would be that you would have to use a green laser beam (A true 100% green light wave) with a beam spreader, not just some green colored light bulb or LED. Otherwise there is other light waves with the green color.

I would just plug the light holes, or wrap/shade the area where the light is getting in.

Back
Top Bottom