Greenhorned First Indoor Attempt - LED Xnutes Soil - 3 Seeds

OK neighborino's update time. Just got my accessories in the mail and have given my two little ladies new digs.
1 gallon square pots. Fox Farm soil, and some nice fluffy white chalky rock things. pictures to elaborate on my uneducated description will follow as soon as my wife gets home to tell me how to get pics outta my camera and onto my comp.for the 1000th time.
I also picked up some "Smartpots" which upon inspection look to be made out of the stuff that you tare from the bottom of your couch when your scrounging for loose change or lost remotes. since my bad experience with the peat sprout pots, beginnings of mold between soil and pot and roots growing from bottom and beginning to mold, i am hesitant to use these. has anyone used these before that could give me a breakdown on them?:Namaste:

IMG_50822.JPG

so heres the ladies new soil.

IMG_50832.JPG

I mix this stuff with it.

My luscious ladies in there new pots. Though after reading a few threads with the smart pot being used and how much people liked it, i will probably transplant them to the 3 gallon smart pots I have here in a week or so.

IMG_5084.JPG

family photo minus cousin cilantro.

IMG_50851.JPG

The sick little monkey is dwarfed by her room mate now. Probably still in a bit of shock from root trauma.... CHEEL BE OK MANG!!!!

IMG_50863.JPG

here we have Large Marge. She is at an angle because of what i read in 1970s grower's grow journal. He transplanted a plant at a 45degree angle and it grew bushy with 2 main colas.
However as i write this she is straight up and down again. Guess I tried that a bit early. Just a bit.

And finally some random new pics

IMG_50872.JPG

IMG_50882.JPG

IMG_50892.JPG

IMG_5090.JPG

Zee Sweet Basil

IMG_50911.JPG

The Chinese Parsley

Se Ya Later!:tokin:

O.K. update time.

I gave the girls their first nutes 8 ml. micro's and 10ml grow nutes yesterday and they didn't whack out on me so i will follow the chart as i go for the nutes i bought. i know it isn't right but I'm calling this week 1 and working on week two right now. it wants me to go into 12/12 at week three with flowering nutes but i think its too soon and would like to veg for a couple more weeks at least. unless these are autos that made it, then i will 12/12 when they start to flower on their own i guess. gonna pick up some blackstrap molasses for next nutes regiment as well.

here's the picks.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
IMG_50942.JPG

Cilantro & Basil in there new home. Gonna gift it to someone.
IMG_50953.JPG

Big Mamma. smells SKUNKY already!!!
IMG_50964.JPG

Little Mamma. looking good!! I took off the bad first leaf set.
IMG_50973.JPG

Random shots and node growth already!!!

IMG_50982.JPG

IMG_51003.JPG

IMG_51013.JPG

IMG_51022.JPG

IMG_51041.JPG

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!!!!!
happy-face.jpg

BTW I have only grown 1 plant before. It was the skinny leafed lanky variety. I'm noticing these fat leafed kind grow and mature a bit faster . In my first grow there was no growth at the nodes till the 5th tier at least. That was in natural day light and night time schedule though. I suppose that would be the reason.:420::thumb:

HA! I just noticed looking at my pics here my soil says for "In Ground Planting" and I'm using it for potting soil. Is that bad? I'm such a noob!

Alright things are sorta falling apart here. well not really.

But big mamma has new sets of leaves coming out clawed and a couple are a bit twisty but not clawed. When i really started scoping her out I noticed two different shades of green in these fat leaves.
this type of MJ seems more temperamental than the one i grew before.
Here are some pics to further explain my predicament.

you can see the clawing on the new growth but old rowth is fine.
IMG_000342.JPG

You can see the curly growth here in the new branch.
IMG_000447.JPG

You can see on the leaf tip the slight lighter shade of green between the veins.
IMG_000733.JPG

Other discoloring examples on edges of leaf.
IMG_001130.JPG

IMG_001223.JPG

IMG_001428.JPG

Any thoughts? I know its not bad yet and could be strain characteristics, but anyone have a prognosis if it does look bad? Or am i being overly protective.?

OK Update time.

They have been under 24/7 light for about 16 days now and have had only 1 veg & micro nute feeding.

I was inspecting and found A LOT of female pistils growing from nodes. Now if that is because they are feminized seeds or they are automatically flowering i don't know. I have never grown either.

Maybe someone could chime in? Please?

If it is because they are automatically flowering i can cut down the strain type by half and have a pretty good idea of which plant is which.

Another question is do i go on 12/12 because they are auto-ing if they are indeed my auto seeds, or do i let them veg and get a little bigger under 24/7 light? They are only about 5 or 6 inches tall but have about 4 or 5 leaf sets each. One is more compact and one is more streched.

Oh and i bought a 200 watt cfl to hang since they might be flowering and i wont be able to afford a flowering LED for another month.

Pictures to follow later today. All help is appreciated.

PEACE.

Not sure, i some times will get a plant that starts to grow pistils in veg, but i think its from lack of light as i do not grow autos. Them could be your autos!

yeah my last plant didnt show sex till i made it. this is cool. I'm gonna keep em 24/7 light till they keep veg'n or auto flower so's i know for sure.

I wanna thank you for answering my questions MG i very much appreciate it.:high-five:

OK pic time.

As i said above I purchased a 200w CFL till i can get a more powerful LED for flower cycle.
Its pretty sweet and plants are responding to it. also you'll notice i cut the shade leaves off of big mamma.(farthest plant)
IMG_002229.JPG

here are some pics of the pistils. To the naked eye its obvious and they are all over the plants but not on tops like a flowering plant only in the parts where things connect.(if that makes sense). well heres the pics.
IMG_000637.JPG

IMG_000541.JPG

IMG_000448.JPG

IMG_000249.JPG

Depends on the meter. You should probably start by calibrating it. Then just put it into the collected run off or nute solution. Wait for the read out to stabilize. Did you get an instruction manual? ( this would help) What type of meter is it?

Yeah i read the instruction and calibrated it. Its a water proof one that looks like a chef cooking thermometer. I tested the soil by sticking it in and pouring water through the soil around it. it stabilized in both plants at about 6.6. is that a good PH?

OK update time.

As you can see this is the odd couple i'm growing here. The one on the left is bushy and pretty much growing upside down. its really low, barely skimmimg the top soil. The one on the right is growing with a bit more stretched appearance.
IMG_002426.JPG

Just gave 'em there second dose of nutes. they take about a quart of water each every few days. ph of run off water was 6.17 and the ph of the soil is 6.19

IMG_002526.JPG

you can see how squat this on is growing. its bottom row of leaves are "low riding" I am beginning to think this is the Auto Diesel Lowrider strain

IMG_002624.JPG

It also has these clawed leaves but only a few tips not all.
IMG_002726.JPG

IMG_002824.JPG

Its so thick and bunched the leaves are a tangled jumbled mess. The leaves are twisted and slightly deformed as well. this is one weird chica.
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/IMG_002920.JPG

here is the other. If it is an auto as well it is Annapurna (Super Auto) she is a lot more lanky than her BBW friend, but still a looker.

IMG_003119.JPG

IMG_003322.JPG

IMG_003522.JPG

New Ph meter
IMG_003722.JPG

finally the "B" roll
IMG_003917.JPG

IMG_004317.JPG

IMG_004420.JPG

IMG_004924.JPG

See Ya Later!!!!:bong: :tokin:

Back