Grow Closet Advice Needed!

Catmanmoo

Greetings fellow cannaseurs. I am ready to purchase everything for my grow closet and need some advice to see if my setup is on the right track. This is my first grow ever. I am in a non medical state and would like to keep this as low key as possible. I will be growing in soil. Here is what I have decided on so far:

SPACE:

Closet 2'3"x4'10"x7'3"
*Doors might be modified for ventilation.

TENT:

2'x4'x7'+ Gorilla (with extension I will have it touching the ceiling at 7'3")
I know this is pricey but at exactly 2'x4' it fits the space very nicely leaving room for ducting to come out. Most of the other 2'x4' tents I have seen are actually much larger than 2'x4'.

LIGHTING: (HTG Supply)

400w HPS/MH Lumatek digital ballast
HY EasyCool 6 Reflector
Hortilux 400w HPS bulb
AgroMax 400w MH 6500K bulb
Steel wheel reflector hangers
Timer.. Suggestions? Can get one with the package for cheap

FAN/FILTER: :bitingnails:

This is where I am having most of my issues. I know that negative pressure can cause my tent to collapse in on itself. Here is the setup I am considering mostly because it is from the same place I am getting lights. I am certainly open to other suggestions. I will get a speed controller regardless of the setup. Forgot Password

I believe I only need something like 3-400 cfm but not sure.

I am also unsure on how exactly to set everything up. Here are my two ideas.

1) 6" A/C Hood > Ducting > Fan pulling air > Ducting outside of tent > Carbon Filter > Into room
This setup would be the least amount of stuff inside of the tent. I was thinking of mounting the fan on the edge/wall in between the tent and outside to save some room.

2) Carbon Filter > Ducting > 6" A/C Hood > Ducting > Fan pulling air > Ducting to room
This may get crowded in a 2'x4' but I like the idea of having everything in the one space.

Do I need a booster fan bringing air in or is a passive intake sufficient?

VENTILATION:

The tent will be vented directly into the 9'x10' room. The door to this room will remain open to the larger basement. I live in a cold state and temps are usually pretty low in the basement. If I cannot control temps I will look into getting a small A/C for the room.

SOIL/NUTES:

Fox Farm. I will purchase locally. The number of pots will depend on how many seeds pop.

SEEDS:

I have some bagseed that I have been saving for the last few months. If I cannot get any of them to pop or if none are female I have a friend I can get some decent seeds off locally. I will be acquiring quality genetics in time for my next grow. Here is what I have for now:

White Rhino: 5 seeds
Cataract Kush: 1 seed
Snow White Kush: 1 seed
Random orange bud: 1 seed

METER:

Milwaukee is the name that keeps coming up. I am not sure everything I need to test for but I would like something easy such as digital.

EXTRAS:

Thermometer/Hygrometers
Fan/Fans for room to circulate air
6" Ducting
Water filter to clean water??

This will be my only complete grow in this tent. While I am working through this grow I will be constructing a Mother/Clone/Veg cabinet to speed things along. This will be to the right hand side of the closet, helping conceal the wires coming out of it.

Here are a few questions:

1) Fan/Filter. Which design is best from above? Suggestions on other types or designs?

2) Do I need a booster fan bringing air in or is a passive intake sufficient? If yes, what cfm?

3) Can I start my seeds under the MH? Or would a single/double CFL from Depot in the corner of the room do the trick?

4) What do I need to be testing for other than pH, if anything? Suggestions on a good meter.

5) Am I forgetting anything?

Thanks for stopping by. I am open to any suggestions. The wifey will not allow this entire room to be a grow room until the laws change so its closet/cab for now. I currently medicate at about 2oz/month but would like to increase this amount. I believe this is possible with what I have designed. I will be purchasing everything this weekend and cannot wait to get started!

Peace

Back
Top Bottom