Grow light ventilation advice....Gromit

gromit23

Hi All,

My set-up:
Grow cab- 30"dx18"wx42"h, 250w MH/HPS cool tube with 6@23w CFLs on 3@'Y's for side lighting.

Ventilation: Passive intake(low) for cab ventilation with exhaust opening (high); passive intake for cooltube venting outside of cab. Cool tube system is pretty much isolated from the inside of the grow cab. The cooltube pulls its fresh air from outside the cab and vents exhaust air outside of cab with ducting.

Passive exhaust ventilation of cab & exhaust ventilation of cool tube join in a "Y" and then run to a DIY carbon odor scrubber and pulled thru by a Soler & Palau exhaust fan (pretty quiet) to be vented outside house.

Temps: with the MH250 on only cab temps barely reach 80; with the 23w CFLs temps in cab hover in low 80's. I do run a small travel humidifier in cab.

?My first question is if I should upgrade to a 400w MH/HPS light system?

?My second question is with adjustable shelving within the cab, can/should I go with a stationary light and separate the lights cooling from the cabinet by a sheet of glass cut to fit the footprint of the cab? Cool air intake from outside cab and exhaust once again outside cab. Light system ventilation isolated from inside cab once again.

My reasoning is that I feel with the cooltube that my light "footprint" is shrunk due to the cooltube. ?Would NOT confining the bulb to a cooltube increase the "footprint" of my light?

...or am I overthinking...

Thank you in advance...

Back
Top Bottom