Grow Room design support...

up79

I am looking to put together a grow room with my goal being maximum yeild for my grow area without doing a SOG focusing more per plant considering my medical allowance. I would like to put together my set up the most effective way possible using whatever method/setup that would accomplish this.

So far what I have come up with is the SCROG method in the first pic basically putting 2 or 3 plants (Big Bud or White Widow) under a 3.5' by 8' bench screen utilizing a 1000 watt hortilux in magnum xxxl 8" hood. For simplicity right now I am looking at growing in a soiless mixture. The main grow room with the SCROG screens is 28*13*8=2912 cubic feet. Room 2 and room 3 are probably 10*12*8.

That being said I am debating installing a Co2 controller, but I am not sure if that is the best route for sure. And how to handle my venting accordingly. I picked up a 12" vortex 2050 CFM fan and 1700 cfm carbon filter to match that I was going to scrubb the air with (I figure that would scrub the room in 2 minutes accounting for bending in my vents and the filter restriction)

QUESTION#1-If I use the carbon then I want to scrub the air without venting anywhere correct??? i.e just hang the 12" vortex from the ceiling with the carbon filter attached.

The other venting issue I need to solidify is the venting via the hoods. For this task i picked up a couple 8" vortex fans at 747 cfm to clear the hoods.

QUESTION#2-Should I take my air intake from room#1 at the front of the house or from the kitchen window where the air comes from the the sunroom at the back of the house but has farther to travel then exhaust out of room#2 leading to the back of the house in a different sunroom? as well

QUESTION#3-Where should I put my 8" fans running through my hoods in line one at the intake and then one at the exhaust leaving room 2? Since I have to run through 2 parallel sets of lights though I would need to use a Y coupler at the intake and exhaust side of the lights. Or as option 2 I could run 2 individual 8" ducts one through the top and then another one through the bottom row of hoods still leaving via room#2

scrogpic.jpg

layouti.jpg

#1; Just letting the carbon scrubber recycle the air in the room works fine. If you run co2 you can't use an outside exhaust.

#2:Less travel is usually better.

#3:I fan per light should be fine. Don't know that it makes much difference whether on the intake or exhaust side.

I would wait on the co2 till you've got your technique and enviormental conditions stabilized first.

Back
Top Bottom