Need Help W Cooling Design! CFM + Carbon Filter Sizes

epicseeds

The room is 14x18x10. There will be 6000w air cooled hoods. I am having trouble deciding on:

1. Most efficient design of exhaust.
2. Amount of CFM for the hoods.
3. Amount of CFM for Carbon Filter.
4. Size of Carbon Filter.

Here is what I have came up with so far. I figure for the air cooled hoods, and taking into consideration the size of the room I would need about 12,000CFM - does this sound too high/low?

I know absolutely nothing about how to determine size of carbon filters. I assume it has to do with how big your room is and how stinky it is. Any ideas here? I also assume the CFM of the fan used with the carbon filter is determined by the size of the filter?

Here is a quick sketch of the actual design I have in mind. As you can see, I have the carbon filter and the hoods connecting to the same exhaust hole. Do you see this causing any problems or loss of efficiency....or would it be advisable to make 2 separate outlets? Please inform me if this is efficient or not. If you have any better ideas feel free to let me know.

Well I don't know too much as I'm just getting into the field but have been looking at much smaller areas but I believe the principles still apply.
I read that if you take the wattage in the space then multiply by 3.2 and then divide by the cfm rating of your exhaust you obtain how many degree's the room is going to increase in temp from the lights alone. So by plugging in your figures I came up with 1.6 degrees which should give you adequate air replacement.
I also know that each 90 degree bend you put in the system is like adding another 15 feet of duct. Just something to keep in mind.
I wonder also if it would be as cost effective to run two runs, I'm guessing here at a run of 3 1000w, each with it's own fan and scrubber. As smaller fans typically cost less..
Another idea would be to run the light exhaust (stand alone) with fresh air intake to outside without a scrubber because the system is sealed it shouldn't bring in smell from the room? With a higher cfm for exchanging the air in the room than the lighting it should also not let any smell escape.

Just some thoughts from the new guy

Hey nice to see one of my old posts back from the dead. I was just thinking if instead of 6 1000w lights why not use 10 600w. The 600 run cooler then 1000 but you'd runnin 4 more so it might not matter. I was only thinkin that if your gonna use 6000w anyway might as well get as many lumens as possible n 10 600's have higher lumens then 6 1000's.

Back
Top Bottom