Growing @ 9,000' Rocky Mtns

davduggie13

1st outdoor grow. 5 gal. buckets.

My outdoor White Widows and Rhinos are in flowering, The leaves are turning yellow? Is this normal in final 2-3 weeks of flowering? It is Autumn up here in Rockies, Aspen trees are yellow. Temp have been down to high 30s, 40s at night, back up to 75-80 during days and Sunny. If plants aren't finished when should I bring in?

Any info will help!
Davoid PEACE.

yellowing leaves means those leaves (actually the whole plant) is dying. the plant is just finishing up it's life. u need to use a pocket microscope to check the trichomes & see when the plants r ready for harvest. this close to harvest the leaves on bottom should be yellowing....very normal.

Thanks for info! I've got some plants that won't finish before snow flies. Can I bring in under 600-1000 watt hps? Temps outside are getting down in high 30s, low 40s. next couple of nights below freezing and then back up to low 40s.

u'll need all the lights u've got. those girls r used to "real" sunlight. i saw on weather report that the sierra nevadas r already getting snow. i'd put them on 10/14 or 11/13 & try to finish up as quickly as possible. check them over & make sure u don't have any critters hitchin' a ride & make sure there's no light contamination during dark period. good luck!

Hey,

Thanks for info! I have plenty of light in my room. My concern could be the temp change?
Girls have been used to 30-40 degree nights, 65-70 days. In the room, nights will be abt 75f. days abt 85. Is this a concern?

If I Use low hps lite to start, it will be cooler, and then increase light?

like i said, if u put a thousand 1k watt lights in u're room, u still can't compete w/the sun. there's no such thing as too much light, EVER! the heat problem is real. needs to be about 75*/day & 65*/night (lights off). btw, those plants are in flower & they're gonna stink to high hell. better get something to take care of the odor. it'll permeate u're clothes, furniture & everything else.

Hi,

I'v put them in a vented semi transparent blue tarp tent outside with a couple radiant heaters, temp 60-65f, inside. Outside temp at night was 20f and we got 12" snow. I thought I could move them outside during day, when temps are abv 50f and Sunny, and night temps above 40f. I can move them back in when temps are lower. How do you think they will react to the less lite, inside (blue tarp looks to be blue lite), and the fall sun, outside? I hope they will finish by end of October.

Any Info Will Help!
PEACE, Brother!

ok, last thing 1st. spider mites...they prolly were already on u're plants & became active when u brought them inside to warmer climate. u need a spray can of PYRETHRUM, available at any garden center or HTGSUPPLY.COM about $20. spray them NOW. it's completely safe to use up to harvest. spray the top of the soil as well as the plant. u don't need to drown it, just get even coverage. u might need to apply again in about 2weeks. why would u need to put them outside? plastic tarps can be toxic to plants. u've got lights...USE 'EM! as far as smell, for a short time, use ONA GEL, also available from htg. what do u're trichs look like? i'm assuming u have a pocket microscope...if not radio shack $10-15. u gotta have that, no matter how u grow. make sure there's no light leaks during dark period. let's get those puppies finished up as quickly as possible. can u send a pic?

no pic. there's lot's of pic's on pest page. just find one that matches u're problem & go from there. pic those spider mites off w.u're fingers till u get some spray.

IMG_9813.JPG
IMG_9810.JPG
IMG_98171.JPG
White_Rhino19.JPG
Flower_fr_White_Widow.JPG
Flower_fr_WR.JPG
Shelter_From_The_Storm.JPG
Outdoor_Grow_9000_.JPG
Outdoor_WW_and_WR.JPG

Please, Let me know if you can open these pics.

Maybe these aren't spider mites? they don't look alive under scope and I can't pick them off with my fingers. These small white specks are on all my indoor plants, leaves.

Indoor White Widows and Rhinos are ready for harvest. They have alot of dried yellow and brown small leaves on buds. Is this the flower feeding off the leaves, or Temp prob 85-90, 12" under 600-1000 hps air cooled, fresh air from outside vented into room and old air vented out. Or is this normal?

Moved my outdoor crop inside under 600-1000 hps aircooled, Hope they don't freak. Should I use anything for stress?

Any Feedback Will Help!
WORLD AND INNER PEACE, Brothers and Sisters.

ok, i got the pics, but they look like there all on top of one another, except one. it loaded by itself. i've seen this before & the fault is on my end. the pic that came thru alone is 3 plants. the center one has some minor yellowing on a few leaves. sorry, it's my crap service, i think.

White_Rhino19.JPG
WW_and_White_Rhino.JPG
Flower_fr_White_Widow.JPG
Flower_fr_WR.JPG

White Widow and Rhino ready for harvest. All the small yellow brown bud leaves, is this normal? Temp Prob? Too, long under lites?

Peace Brother!
Davoid.

ok, click on 420 resources, click on member resources. 1st page scroll down to bottom of page to deer hunter 33's post. u'll see a post by nwgreen. he has a hotline in his signature. click on that & he can prolly help u. my lousy isp can't help me & i know it's on my end. i'm sure there's an easier way to do this but i'm stumped.

u're right. it's not there now, but it was yesterday afternoon. see if u can figure out how to find a members posts. if u can find any post of nwgreen, the link is in his signature.

Back
Top Bottom