Growing with cfls

trikeman

hi
growing first time with cfls.been reading through the forums and people are using low wattage cfls,but i have 2 250w blue and 2 250w red in a mirrored 1square meter room :cool:

The smaller watt CFL's just have a better lumen to watt ratio. I believe 42's are the best bang for the buck and lumen to watt ratio.

There is one thing that is a bad idea and thats using mirors to reflect light. They will actually absorb a decent amount of your lumens. Mirrors are considered a pretty bad reflector. You really should consider that since it sounds like you have wall to wall mirrors instead of mylar or the like. :goodluck:

You can get 68w (300w equiv ) 6500k or 2700k CFLs cheap at home depot or lowes. They use a regular socket also.

WillyB

thanks for the info off everyone.seeds just popping through, taken mirrors out.
will keep you informed as things go

Are they really 250 watts, or equivalent to?

If equivalent, then I wold say you need more. I run 6 85w (350 watt equivalent) bulbs in a 2x3 grow.

Prairie
hope they are 250w they have 250w stamped on bulb 10"long with 8 u's.
hasn't anyone anything good to say about cfl's:smokin:

hope they are 250w they have 250w stamped on bulb 10"long with 8 u's.
hasn't anyone anything good to say about cfl's:smokin:

Well then, I stand corrected, hadn't seen any that big before. So you have 1000 watts for one square meter grow? Should be plenty, maybe around 60,000 lumens per meter.

There are a lot of folks here that think CFL's are a good way to go. Especially when in small spaces. I grow using CFL's and there are some really good journals here too.

Prairie

Well then, I stand corrected, hadn't seen any that big before. So you have 1000 watts for one square meter grow? Should be plenty, maybe around 60,000 lumens per meter.

There are a lot of folks here that think CFL's are a good way to go. Especially when in small spaces. I grow using CFL's and there are some really good journals here too.

Prairie
my seedlings been under house light for three days be putting under cfl's on day 5 keep you posted

Back
Top Bottom