Guam: Committee On Health Working On Medical Marijuana Bill Markup

Ron Strider

Medical marijuana advocate, August Fest, testified saying that the bill should include a provision to allow home cultivation. Another private citizen named Jess Savares testified saying that the monthly limit that the bill places on the amount of medical marijuana that can be prescribed to patients could be too small for some.

"I really urge you to look at the legal limit because 2.5 ounces one month may just be perfect and fine," said Savares adding, "Every patient is different. We can't just say all patients are the same and we're gonna give them the same allowable amount. The doctors I think that's something up to five ounces a month should be looked at. And we can put a cap. The Dr. can say, okay you can consume I recommend up to three ounces for you per month or two ounces for you because your conditions are not that severe."

Senator Dennis Rodriguez Jr. says his committee is still working on crafting a marked up bill that takes into account the public feedback and testimony that they have received.

Medical_Marijuana2_-_Nextstar_Broadcasting.jpg

News Moderator: Ron Strider 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Committee on health working on medical marijuana bill markup | PNC News First
Author: Clynt Ridgell
Photo Credit: Nextstar Broadcasting

Back
Top Bottom