Guerrilla grow hole prep plan, check my plan and thoughts

radrichie61

OK so I thought I’d just run this by you guys and gals. Getting ready to start final prepping of my sites and because I’m only going to visit four or five times maximum from start to harvest I am of course worried about watering. After lots of research and lots of help I’ve come up with the following idea. Dig my hole, put some rock and pebble in the bottom, and here’s my thought that I wanted to run past y’all. You know those hanging baskets I got those Coco mats and them that you can get at Lowe’s etc.? Since you can get them round in about a 14 inch diameter the picture below illustrates what I’m thinking about doing.

Pebbles and rocks at the bottom, one of those coco coir baskets, then mother Earth groundswell mixed in with a local dirt, and miracle grow water crystals mixed in lightly and slow release veg nutes.

Then I walk away for 2 weeks back to check, and then return in mid July, then late August and on that check nute up for flower. I like terp teas and a slow release, and then back to harvest
1B05243F-11A0-4F3B-9A47-491231916393.jpeg

OK so I thought I’d just run this by you guys and gals. Getting ready to start final prepping of my sites and because I’m only going to visit four or five times maximum from start to harvest I am of course worried about watering. After lots of research and lots of help I’ve come up with the following idea. Dig my hole, put some rock and pebble in the bottom, and here’s my thought that I wanted to run past y’all. You know those hanging baskets I got those Coco mats and them that you can get at Lowe’s etc.? Since you can get them round in about a 14 inch diameter the picture below illustrates what I’m thinking about doing.

Pebbles and rocks at the bottom, one of those coco coir baskets, then mother Earth groundswell mixed in with a local dirt, and miracle grow water crystals mixed in lightly and slow release veg nutes.

Then I walk away for 2 weeks back to check, and then return in mid July, then late August and on that check nute up for flower. I like terp teas and
a slow release, and then back to harvest.
Sounds good.
Hope it goes well. :thumb:

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

That isn't how I'd plant outside

The pebbles belong on top to stop moisture evaporating and maintain a constant soil temp
The coco mat should be at the bottom to retain a constant moisture without sogginess
Another layer of coco under the top pebbles will help both, a layer of mulch between the two would be even better
The job will be retaining enough water

Then I walk away for 2 weeks back to check, and then return in mid July, then late August and on that check nute up for flower. I like terp teas and
a slow release, and then back to harvest.
What are you going to do about the pest’s that are going to enjoy you being so nice as to serve them up a buffet. Lmao 🤣 CL🍀

Enjoy life. Grew in my back yard last year which is about 200 yards from grow site. Will use typical pest control and see. No problems AT ALL last year.

I have everything I need left over from last year so I’m not gonna drop a dime on this except for the seeds I bought which weren’t that bad.
What are you going to do about the pest’s that are going to enjoy you being so nice as to serve them up a buffet. Lmao 🤣 CL🍀

Enjoy life. Grew in my back yard last year which is about 200 yards from grow site. Will use typical pest control and see. No problems AT ALL last year.

I have everything I need left over from last year so I’m not gonna drop a dime on this except for the seeds I bought which weren’t that bad.
I hope you have wonderful results with your typical pest control. CL🍀 :cheesygrinsmiley: :Namaste:

I am a gorilla grower myself, but I only visit 2 times 1. plant, 2. pick, I am in an illegal state. going out more often, just leaves a trail to your grow. You can do it, change spots every year, stay low, oh did I say, stay low.

I am a gorilla grower myself, but I only visit 2 times 1. plant, 2. pick, I am in an illegal state. going out more often, just leaves a trail to your grow. You can do it, change spots every year, stay low, oh did I say, stay low.
Yeah I definitely don’t wanna go out very often and thank God it’s only about 500 yards from my house, but I am going to check in mid July, and mid August and then hit it with flour nutes at that time, and then pray. The only last trip would be to harvest and I sure as hell hope it’s not because of a hurricane like last year.

My plan of getting them in the ground is not to go in with a bunch of bags of nutes, but with premeasured off individual baggies to pour in each hole and fill to make things as quick as possible. And I don’t wanna be walking around with a bag of fertilizer in my backpack. Most spots are in some deep shit but right in the middle of areas where I can get to quickly. Im in NC and have spent plenty of time in the woods and know how to recognize sign of people versus sign of deer and obviously I’m betting my whole grow on the fact that they’re a bit of soul anywhere near these places in years. And man it’s got the nicest east and south exposure I should get about eight hours of direct exposure and well that’s about it for my plans.

I love all you guys who are trying to help and I really do appreciate it, got no love, only forgiveness and sadness for the folks that want to be butt holes and treat me rude and there’s been plenty of those. Laughing at my plans are shit or whatever, and I hope they know I don’t give a rats ass whether they like it or not, I don’t like dicks though, peace not hate. You were a beginner once. I wish they would remember that. So all you guys thanks so much for your advice. My plan is in place, now I just gotta execute. I’ll let you guys know when things are in the ground.
Peace

I indoor grow until 16-18 inches, then put them outdoors on a raining evening usually close to July 1, soil is mud, roots are able to establish themselves quickly and I have not lost a plant in years. As when you plant them when it is dry, they will be dead in a few days, other than that, no visits, no nutes, the ground supplies everything I need here at least. I have some impressive harvests. Sometimes you can over think this whole process.

Yeah I definitely don’t wanna go out very often and thank God it’s only about 500 yards from my house, but I am going to check in mid July, and mid August and then hit it with flour nutes at that time, and then pray. The only last trip would be to harvest and I sure as hell hope it’s not because of a hurricane like last year.

My plan of getting them in the ground is not to go in with a bunch of bags of nutes, but with premeasured off individual baggies to pour in each hole and fill to make things as quick as possible. And I don’t wanna be walking around with a bag of fertilizer in my backpack. Most spots are in some deep shit but right in the middle of areas where I can get to quickly. Im in NC and have spent plenty of time in the woods and know how to recognize sign of people versus sign of deer and obviously I’m betting my whole grow on the fact that they’re a bit of soul anywhere near these places in years. And man it’s got the nicest east and south exposure I should get about eight hours of direct exposure and well that’s about it for my plans.

I love all you guys who are trying to help and I really do appreciate it, got no love, only forgiveness and sadness for the folks that want to be butt holes and treat me rude and there’s been plenty of those. Laughing at my plans are shit or whatever, and I hope they know I don’t give a rats ass whether they like it or not, I don’t like dicks though, peace not hate. You were a beginner once. I wish they would remember that. So all you guys thanks so much for your advice. My plan is in place, now I just gotta execute. I’ll let you guys know when things are in the ground.
Peace
If you’re referring to me please know that I’m only joking and I wish you all the happiness,peace and success in the world. And also please know that I won’t be posting on your thread again. Happy growing n good luck. CL🍀. :goodluck::thanks::420::Namaste:

After lots of research and lots of help I’ve come up with the following idea. Dig my hole, put some rock and pebble in the bottom, and here’s my thought that I wanted to run past y’all. You know those hanging baskets I got those Coco mats and them that you can get at Lowe’s etc.? Since you can get them round in about a 14 inch diameter the picture below illustrates what I’m thinking about doing.

Pebbles and rocks at the bottom, one of those coco coir baskets,
My opinion is to skip all that. Unless there are pebbles and rocks laying all around the area it will mean a lot of stone to haul around. I do not see it making any difference unless the soil is a heavy clay base and the spot is in a swamp in which case it would be better to look somewhere else;) anyway.

Same for the water crystals. If the soil dries out that much that there is a need for the crystals or a water absorbing gel then it might be better to mix in decomposing leafs and rotting stumps found in the area. Both of which can absorb and hold water for awhile.

And the same for the coco mats. A 14 inch coco mat in the bottom of the hole will not mean anything to a root system that can grow several yards out in any direction and a yard down if it has to.

Skip the extra stuff and work with the soil you have out there already. Dig the hole,chop out any thick roots, loosen the soil and start refilling the hole, No need to haul in a potting soil like the Groundswell. A lot more than one bag per plant would be needed to make anyreal difference when mixed with the native soil.

My plan of getting them in the ground is not to go in with a bunch of bags of nutes, but with premeasured off individual baggies to pour in each hole and fill to make things as quick as possible.
Sounds good. Add the Terp Tea for the growing or vegetating stage and you might be all set. I have to believe that skipping all the other stuff means you will have room for more or larger of these per-measured baggies. Plus those will do more for the soil than the other stuff.

...right in the middle of areas where I can get to quickly. Im in NC and have spent plenty of time in the woods and know how to recognize sign of people versus sign of deer...
Those deer can and will do more to ruin a decent guerilla grow than the weather or insects. I figure that the "rats on stilts" destroyed my attempts at guerilla grows all those years ago. Plants doing OK the first check and then gone at the second check, nothing more than a little stem or stump left poking out of the ground to show that there had been potential for decent plants.

Good luck.

Asked me about pests, the biggest thing is going to flip out most here but NO ORGANICS, nutes, soil, extras if you are going to be a true gorilla grow titan. That draws a zoo of creatures, as natural nitrogen comes from shit, dead or decaying creatures, so all creatures want to find that dead fish, bugs to coons, skunks, fox , whatever, all of them. I find that chemical nutes do not attract any negatives such as dig ups or chewing. Then deer will chew on them, when they are young, then they leave them alone. So it comes down to the planning process for the year, what are you going to lose 5%, 10%, 50%, plan for that. Separate your garden, mine are miles apart. They grow some killer smoke down your way. Hate to tell you but you need a partner also unless you live on a farm but we would not be having this conversation if u did.

Asked me about pests, the biggest thing is going to flip out most here but NO ORGANICS, nutes, soil, extras if you are going to be a true gorilla grow titan. That draws a zoo of creatures, as natural nitrogen comes from shit, dead or decaying creatures, so all creatures want to find that dead fish, bugs to coons, skunks, fox , whatever, all of them. I find that chemical nutes do not attract any negatives such as dig ups or chewing. Then deer will chew on them, when they are young, then they leave them alone. So it comes down to the planning process for the year, what are you going to lose 5%, 10%, 50%, plan for that. Separate your garden, mine are miles apart. They grow some killer smoke down your way. Hate to tell you but you need a partner also unless you live on a farm but we would not be having this conversation if u did.
First, I don’t expect anybody to read all that, I write as much as I talk and I am the most talkative person I know and my friends tell me the same thing so if you don’t wanna read that please forgive me for being so audacious.

Weekender,

Hey, great advice on the nutes. I loved organic in backyard last year, but was already planning to not use bonemeal or blood meal. What are your thoughts on a product made by roots organics a terp tea, as a microbe booster. Any thoughts? My infrastructure is worked out, spots are chosen, I can be to any one of my spots in less than five minutes from my house, But yet still so thick in the woods and swamps and dead trees that it would take a mfr a hell of a lot of work to find where I’m at. I’ve only been three times and I’ve come in different ways after I marked it on my GPS the first time and that’s my plan to continue. My biggest fear is being exposed on the road at harvest. I got an autistic son and a disabled wife with PTSD. Can’t afford to buy anymore and she needs it. I have ptsd as well, and we are both bipolar. And we have not murdered each other yet in 28 years, lol.

I really, really feel confident about my plan. I’m just now working out the fine details about my soil prep. I keep running around with ideas in my head about how to fight drought and choosing strains that supposedly handle dry conditions fairly well. Also my site is at the side of a creek that’s quite deep that during heavy storms fills up about halfway, and when I say heavy, I mean hurricanes. The plants are in a area about 30’ up from the edge where there is just a very slight grade enough to make rain run towards my plants but not so fast that it would wash anything out, leaves or anything. I was watching a video where they talked about put your plant somewhere where drainage is going to get to them but not on a steep embankment and I really like that thinking. Now I have never started plants indoors in my life because I only first grew last year and I just happened to throw some seeds into the dirt to see what would happen and ended up with three pretty damn good plants.

So here’s what it comes down to for me if you guys are actually interested and I think some like hearing. You know, I like the people for the most part here on 420. Yawl alright.

In about a month in the area that I live there will be no more frost or freeze. It never has and it probably will never happen again in my area. At least in the 28 years I’ve lived here. So my plan is to go in on the full moon and the first night go to all of my sites and finish the prep and have the spots ready for transplanting. Show up the next night, plants in hand and be in and out hopefully less than 15 minutes and I have three sites I’m going to the first night and then a couple nights later do the same thing at a second site and finally a couple days later my third and final site. I will then go back and check it out about 2 to 3 weeks later to see if they’re still there. After that I’ll wait until mid July, clean up anything around the area trying to inundate, go back one more time in August and put down some flower and bloom boosting nutes. And then back the first week or so in October depending on the weather and hurricanes and harvest.

I got no problem going in the woods before I put my plants in the ground because I’m not breaking any laws and there aren’t any no trespassing signs where I’m at so clear on that worry. And good God the forest is thick but it has open sky. While finalizing prep my cover story is looking for my lost drone.

Anyway the only time I’ll be in any danger, I feel, is after they go in the ground and at that point I plan to limit my exposure to only three more trips. The most time I will spend in the woods will be leading up to transplanting and then it’s keep my fingers crossed. Just not going to be one of those people who has to go back and back again to see what’s happening. I think it’s stupid.

I am rolling the dice of course but I am having fun and I have barely spent any money that would be lost if something happened and that would just be seeds. OF COURSE, I will lose a lot more if busted, but I am talking theft or crash. So, I will see what’s gonna happen.

Here is my, I won’t even call it a real nursery, but here’s where I’m doing my seedlings in the cabinet in my garage. Go ahead and make all the fun y’all want to. Oh, I am already doing LST and probably started to early. Going to leave that alone until I have a lot more height on these.
C7776F03-A802-4E8A-BB2B-B7BA59716585.jpeg
9696FF71-DFB2-44C4-ACE4-3A8BB8C4B1D0.jpeg
20EFE40D-82B0-43D9-8A0F-B30B0DA480AF.jpeg
67DE6040-A59F-4A05-A0FE-D6D0997127CF.jpeg
C71A0C24-2B1F-44B3-B143-3A243F34BDD7.jpeg
327729A4-4BDC-4F64-9F32-86F78BD8665E.jpeg

Once your plant is in the ground and growing, it is kind of hard to kill it. But it happens every year due to add on's. I use a couple of items that I have grown to believe in. And Mr. Ninja believe every time you walk into the woods you leave a trail. Hunters and sportsmen of type like the thick shit. As far as that tea and all, you need an inside grow to spoon feed that krap, they do respond to things like that if done properly. But you are doing a gorilla grow, if you want plants that are like inside or garden grown, do that. Just plant 20% more than you will need outdoors in the stuff. You will be shocked at the results of adding nothing to the plants and allow nature to feed them. Wet when you plant them then generally dry ground, some of the better years are drought years for me. I have found it hard and time consuming to grow in a wooded area due to the thick root mat that you must cut through, maybe that is why you need to bring dirt. I live in a corn belt and that is where I grow.

Back
Top Bottom