Happy frog soil mix

medigreen

I'm mixing up some soil for my clones: 70% HF, 20% perlite, 10% wormcastings with 12 teaspoons of dolomite lime per 5 gallon pot. Does anyone see any problems with this mix? Mainly on the dolomite, i've seen people say 1-2 tbs per gallon of media and 1 cup a cubic foot(which seams quite high). any and all help is appreciated.

Sounds fine.

That amount of lime might 'seem' quite high, but it isn't. You'll see as you go along and gain experience.

Myself, I would bump up the amount of perlite, but I like a light mix and run ~40%.

DD

I thought HAPPY FROG came with Dolomite Lime already in it? Maybe it was Humic Acid I'm trying to remember but don't know for sure. Lately I've been mixing coarse perlite, FF Ocean Forrest and Happy Frog together along with a small amount of LIGHT Warrior and a few handfuls of wood ash and good golly miss molly. I grew a Hash Plant X California Orange and the colas got so thick it was unbelievable. I LST that little lady, got four fat colas and a bunch of little popcorns. First time I had to buy those bamboo support sticks to hold the colas up. I swear it was the wood ash. That stuff has some magical properties. Also, I used BUSHDOKTORS KANGAROOTS root inoculant. I got me 2 mason jars full of some citrus smelling red haired, milky trich goodness as I type this. ROOTS ORGANICS POTS ALL THE WAY BAY-BY. Not a big fan of the new Smart Pots with handles. I've said too much....watch for a run on Root Pots and Hash Plant clones at your local grow store and clone dispensary.

Sounds fine.

That amount of lime might 'seem' quite high, but it isn't. You'll see as you go along and gain experience.

Myself, I would bump up the amount of perlite, but I like a light mix and run ~40%.

DD

First, thanks for responding to all of my posts. so your saying 12 tsps(1/4 cup) a 5 gallon container isn't enough? 2/3 a cup sound better?

I like to keep my perlite % down. I've been toying with the idea of adding coco to lighten the mix up a bit but havent yet.

2/3 of a cup sounds good.

Yes, some of the FF mixes add oyster shell (IIRC), for buffering. The problem is, they just don't add enough.

Seems to run out in late veg or early flowering.

DD

Back
Top Bottom