Have i got enough light

scotslad

Can anybody help me out just a newby at this can you tell me if a 400w hps is enough light for a 60" 60" 140"grow tent... Thanks

oh yeah, that should be plenty. With HPS's I kind of go by the 35watt per square foot guideline.

I would say you need about three times as much light. 25 sqft is a lot of space for a single 400W lamp. A couple of 600W lamps is my recommendation on what you need.

Good luck!

Are your measurments accurate? A tent that's almost 12 ft tall is a bit unusual.

400w is way to small, as Bill C 600w & thats boarder line watts per square foot.

You either want 2 x 600w or a 1000w HPS to be effective - rule of the thumb 50w per square foot / 25w is the very mininium.

As for nutrients Canna pretty good if you like the expesive stuff, Hesi will work theirs quite a few out thier have a look around some UK hydro online shops - 3ch/progrow/basement lighting/greens horticulture/1-hydroponics etc & i'm sure they loads more...

soz ppl the size is 60cm by 60cm by 140cm

That makes a difference! So now we're talking about 4 sqft. Yes, a 400W lamp will be more than sufficient for that space. Some might even suggest going down to a 250W lamp, but I'd stick with the 400W. When it comes to light, more is always better!

Good luck!

yea like fuzzy duck sed your gona suffer heat problems in a small space like that especially cum summer time with a 400watt light and i suggest looking up topping and FIM techiques or even LST such as bending becoz u havent got alot of headroom look up SOG hempy bucket style 12/12 straight from clone or seed to keep headroom to a minimum dont forget u havent got 140cm in height u will lose about a foot in height with a final 10l pot plus the light will lose u another foot dangeling especially with the heat u dont want to burn the tops

Back
Top Bottom