Hawaiian Snow - T5 / HPS

carolinatoker

Hi all this is my first grow... been going good so far. I'm planning on growing the mother plant first then taking cuttings for clones. once i select the best clones i will grow two clones in 7 gallon bags. this is a closet grow that is starting out under a 216w T5 (6500k). Then going to HPS for a scrog shortly after.

Plans - growing a mother plant first then cloning.
Style of grow - scrog
strain - Hawaiian snow GHS
soil - fox farm ocean forest
ferts - fox farm grow big and big bloom.
lights - 216w 4 bulb t5 and a 400w HPS in a cool tube.

All comments are welcome as this is my first grow. Any advice would be great!

Humidity has stayed around 40% through most of this grow. I've tried raising the humidity with a humidifier, but this only raised the humidity about 5-10% usually staying at 45% when on. Temps have been around 79*F. I have been running my light schedule at 24/0. The lighting schedule starting tomorrow (3 weeks of veg) will be changed to 18/6.

Day 2
GHS_Hawaiian_snow_1.jpg

Day 5
GHS_Hawaiian_snow_2.jpg

Day 8
GHS_Hawaiian_snow_3.jpg

Day 9
GHS_Hawaiian_snow_4.jpg

Day 11 - Leaves have progressively gotten worse. Could this have been a possible salt build up at day 11? I flushed the plant and clipped the dead spots.

GHS_Hawaiian_snow_5.jpg

Day 13 - as you can see the two bad leaves are clipped down .... however new smaller spots are showing. ph = 6.2
GHS_Hawaiian_snow_6.jpg

Day 18 - Watered for the first time with nutes. 1/2 dose fox farm grow big. Run off ph = 6.8
GHS_Hawaiian_snow_7.jpg

The plant has show some more growth today. I finally switched the light schedule to 18/6 almost seems as if it makes the plant stretch more on this light schedule.

Also if you will notice the nute burn (that is what I'm guessing it is). I started giving it grow big at 2 1/2 weeks 1/2 recommended dose. I reduced the dose to 1/4 strength the second watering after some light burning.

The third picture is two mutant leaf sets that have been growing for a few days where the sprout leafs were. Hopefully this doesn't become a normal thing with this plant.

GHS_Hawaiian_snow_8.jpg

nute burn?

GHS_Hawaiian_snow_9.jpg

mutant leafs

GHS_Hawaiian_snow_10.jpg

My experience with Greenhouse genetics is that they become root bound quickly and are very finicky about Ph. Check the soil's runoff Ph and you may have to adjust accordingly. Also, at what rate did you mix the earthworm castings to the FFOF soil?

:slide::slide::slide::slide::slide::slide::slide:

I just got in 10 Feminized Alaskan Ice and 5 G13 Labs Thai Super Skunk and 1 G13 Lab Feminized Gigabud. I am very interested in growing and cloning the Gigabud because they claim it flowers in 5-6 weeks. Thats what I call a commercial crop! Good luck with the Hawaiian Snow! I'm gonna keep up with this journal because this strain is extremely tasty and potent :roorrip:

My experience with Greenhouse genetics is that they become root bound quickly and are very finicky about Ph. Check the soil's runoff Ph and you may have to adjust accordingly. Also, at what rate did you mix the earthworm castings to the FFOF soil?

:slide::slide::slide::slide::slide::slide::slide:

I just got in 10 Feminized Alaskan Ice and 5 G13 Labs Thai Super Skunk and 1 G13 Lab Feminized Gigabud. I am very interested in growing and cloning the Gigabud because they claim it flowers in 5-6 weeks. Thats what I call a commercial crop! Good luck with the Hawaiian Snow! I'm gonna keep up with this journal because this strain is extremely tasty and potent :roorrip:

pH has been in check ... no lower then 6.3 run off and no higher than 6.7. I only feed it once at 1/2 strength grow big. I guess the plant didn't want that much yet (the plant did explode with growth after feeding though). I didn't mix any worm castings into the soil just Fox farm ocean forest 20% perlite.

the thai super skunk should be real nice, good luck with all of those strains.

I watered the plants with a set pH balanced water. No nutes this time. I will start feeding it again next week at 1/4 recommended dose. run off was at 6.6. In the second picture you can see where i topped the plant.

GHS_Hawaiian_snow_11.jpg

GHS_Hawaiian_snow_12.jpg

GHS_Hawaiian_snow_13.jpg

GHS_Hawaiian_snow_14.jpg

awesome grow going. good to see another lina grower in the house

update:
good news- plant recovered from the topping.
bad news- looks like i have a nitrogen and a phosphorus deficiency

UPDATE
this is from day 41. as you can see its looking beautiful. solved my previous problems by feeding the plant...(who would of thought)

GHS_Hawaiian_snow_15.jpg

GHS_Hawaiian_snow_16.jpg

GHS_Hawaiian_snow_17.jpg

Day 45
Plant is about 1 1/2 ft tall and 2 1/2 ft wide! Still under the T5. I'm considering flowering just this one plant in a scrog in a 10 gallon pot .... i think the results would be great!

GHS_Hawaiian_snow_18.jpg

GHS_Hawaiian_snow_19.jpg

GHS_Hawaiian_snow_20.jpg

Hello your Hawaian snow is very good belive me !i was grow 3 time this plant and now too,if you want can see my progress on some thread.good work

Back
Top Bottom