Hayward Club Raided!

Happy Kitty

We had only returned from this club about two hours before this happened. This club had a lot of traffic, so it didn't surprise me that this would happen. Unfortunately, another club gone for those in need.

Any advice for someone who might find themselves in this situation?

NBC11 News
HAYWARD, Calif. -- The Drug Enforcement Administration said the owner and manager of the Local Patients Cooperative in Hayward were arrested on charges of conspiracy to distribute marijuana and the distribution of marijuana, according to United States Attorney Kevin V. Ryan.

In addition to the arrests of Shon Matthew Squier, 34, and Valerie Lynn Herschel, 23, special agents executed five federal search warrants Tuesday at the Local Patients Cooperative facility located on Foothill Boulevard, two residences in Hayward and two cars.

Authorities said they seized hundreds of marijuana plants, marijuana-laced cookies, brownies, popcorn, pies, candy, two inert grenades, cash and several high-value vehicles, including a Mercedes, Hummer, Cadillac Escalade, Volvo, Dodge truck, Harley Davidson and Ducati motorcycles.

According to the criminal complaint, the Hayward Local Patents Cooperative attempted to disguise criminal activity by claiming that it catered exclusively to persons suffering from medical illnesses.

The DEA said persons without any medical condition could purchase marijuana at the retail establishment.

The Hayward Police Department said officers saw more than 200 pounds of marijuana at the location, as well as numerous marijuana plants.

The DEA and Internal Revenue Service began the investigation about one year ago.

Court documents unsealed Tuesday said that on multiple occasions, law enforcement observed between 20 to 30 men, between 20 to 40 years of age entering the distribution center and exiting with a small white bag with the word "Prescription" on it.

No posts from me lately, so hi everyone:cheesygrinsmiley:
Peace and happy holidays:peace:

Re: Hayward Club Busted!

^^ hey man don't forget that this isn't something to kid about.. even if the club was doing some wrong, I am sure that some truly sick people lost there ability to purchase meds at any convience.

The club had a guard at the door, you showed your recommendation, and then they ran a wand over you for metal objects. When you got upstairs, you showed your recommendation again. Once checked, you could then enter.

So I figure the only people they sold to without a rec would have been the employees.

Don't employees have to have a recommendation too? :smokin:

errrrrrrr. Cops=American terrorists

ninfan77 said:
Having 200 pounds on hand... i thought compassion clubs were limited to what they could hold onto?

Your right but I do know that the DEA does several little nasty tricks. They will weight plants as a whole. Meaning like soil, rootball, and plant matter. Can spike weight pretty fast. Just a thought.

If marijuana is found in your car, it will almost without a doubt be impounded.

They may have had some in there. Or pieces that have bested positive for THC on them.

Or maybe because they wanted to make a point that the only reason they have these cars is from their illegal activity, you know?

Just a thought.

:peace: Earth Child

Back
Top Bottom