Health Canada and Medical Cannabis

Johnny

Canadian medical cannabis patients are forced to rely on Health Canada for their supply of medicine for the most part. These pictures from Canadians for Safe Access (CSA) show quality cannabis as compared to Health Canada's cannabis.

This is the medicine patients recieve from Health Canada:

healthcanadacannabis2.jpg

Here are two pictures of quality, organically grown cannabis next to Health Canada's:

healthcanadacannabis3.jpg

healthcanadacannabis.jpg

Sad, isn't it? But most patients could most likely grow it a lot better themselves if they obtained the seeds from Health Canada. Canadian patients also wouldn't have this problem if there were more Canadian cannabis dispensaries/compassion clubs.

What do you think?

The top picture looks like "taco weed"...it's probably as bad as it looks.

More MCDs would be a plus...thye are very limited and operate in a grey zone of the law from what I understand.

The MCD in Vancouver will help American patients with an OCBC card or CA state card. Always call ahead of time to check their latest policies. I have not visited it for a couple of years. medical marijuana, medical marijuana canada, compassion club, medical cannabis, medical marijuana vancouver - Medical Cannabis

We Purchased Some Of That Stuff From Health Canada. Cost Us About $130 Ounce And It Was All Crappy. Full Of Twigs. My Parsley Looked Better

Plain and simple, it's just not fair that Canadian patients can get better bud off the streets than they can from Health Canada. If they want better medicine, they have to risk being arrested, charged, and incarcerated. I think ALL medical marijuana patients should be able to get as much high-quality cannabis as they need to alleviate the symptoms of their illnesses.

That's pretty ugly looking herb. Health Canada should be able to grow some better stuff.. There are a couple clubs in the major cities, Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal. I've never seen their stock, but they seem to have a little variety of strains, 1 or 2 different kind of hash and a little bit of edibles available. Nothing compared to the US, but I guess we're getting there. As long as we have a Conservative Party running our country, we won't be able to decrim and have new laws though.. we got really close when the Liberals were there, but then Harper arrived and nothing was brought up since.

Yeah. I can't remember what dispensary Paralyzed420 used to go to when he was waiting for his harvests (maybe Pinch will), but they had a few strains like Northern Lights and others I can't remember, and the bud looked pretty well-grown (but nowhere near as well-grown as P-420's :smokin:). But like you said, nothing at all compared to some states. I too am not very fond of Stephen Harper. All I like is when that one guy from "Royal Canadian Air Farce" imitates him. ;)

I can't remember which club it is (I think the Oakland Cannabis Buyers Club or something of that nature), but they have 38,000 registered patients; there are under 3,000 in all of Canada! There's more patients in a single dispensary in Oakland than the entire country of Canada. It's ridiculous. Hopefully next time around the Liberals get back into office.

Yeah, I hear you dude, its ridiculously hard to get a prescription from Heath Canada, only really specific medical conditions and quite alot of paper work.. But to get into a club it's a little easier from what I've read, the conditions are a little more vaste. I qualify for 2, but I have not found a doctor that will accept it as a prescription yet, they prefer to write me up some narcotic pills.. I think I'll just call the club and see if they know a doctor that I can get refered too that accepts med pot. Dude, I can't wait for Harper to get the hell out, lol.

its sad to see that shitty weed from HC, considering the quality of fine Cannabis ive seen in vancouver, its like HC wants their patients to get sicker off their Cannabis. Im sorry guys.

I can't remember which club it is (I think the Oakland Cannabis Buyers Club or something of that nature), but they have 38,000 registered patients; there are under 3,000 in all of Canada!
-JPS

Mr JPS- OCBC is not a club anymore. What they do is generate OCBC cards that are accepted in almost any club up North here. The County issued State Cards are accepted State-wide. People are hesitant to apply for them and some Counties are refusing to carry out the State mandated program.

I digress...the last time I saw a numbered OCBC card was last year and the number was in the high 80,000's, yes...80,000 people in the Bay Area alone. I got my OCBC card in 2005 and my number is 38572. (I've read medical user numbers as high as 500,000 in California...the Feds know this is a lost battle and war.)

As I've mentioned in other posts, the Pot Docs down here will recommend for any reason and it makes sense. They would rather see people use cannabis than pharmaceuticals for what ails them. The Canadian scene is in its infancy and it'll stay there while the Tories are in power.:peace:

Ya that weed looks bad, but in citys like Vancouver, don't they have shops you can walk in and purchace seeds? I won't link to the sites but I've seen the shops online. Or do you need a med card or something to walk in these stores? I think it would be a justified risk as a med patient who is really in need to just visit one of these places instead of dealing with low quality goverment weed.

It's legal to sell cannabis seeds in Canada. You don't need a med card to buy them anyone that is th legal age can just walk right in and purchase them.

Sorry I took so long to reply to this. 80,000 in the Bay Area and 500,000 in California? Those are some impressive figures, Pinch. The world can really learn from California.

Does anyone know if the cannabis-related offences in California are lower than states that aren't as MMJ friendly?

It's legal to sell cannabis seeds in Canada. You don't need a med card to buy them anyone that is th legal age can just walk right in and purchase them.

I was wondering the other day if it still was. :cheesygrinsmiley: Thanks for clearing that up for me, DaHui! :peace:

^^^ from what I've seen, yes. Cali has an OZ or less as a misdemeanor at $100 fine and no incarceration.

Take Idaho, a non MMJ state: under the influence or use in public is a misdemeanor, 6 months in jail, $1000 fine. 3 OZ or less, misdemeanor, 1year in jail, $1000 fine.

Illinois: 2.5 grams or less, misdemeanor, 30 days, $1500

That crap from Health Canada looks just like the $10.00 lids of commercial weed available in the early 1970's in Southern Cal.

Oh, you mean taco weed...had my share of that crap.

Back
Top Bottom