Heat issue and modification of grow room setup

progoracle

420 Member
Here is my situation i have a small grow area with a vented hood with a carbon scrubber.
None of this can be changed or modified.(wont go into details why lets just say i am forbidden to change any of this)
I had a 400W hps and a 400W MH for this room and all was well except of course production.
I changed that for a used 1000W HPS with a used bulb and it was a bit on the warm side but was ok until i changed the bulb for a new hortilux 1000w super hps and since then i have been frying my plants that are all dead now...sad:( temps went up to 38C...)
Here are the 3 options i am looking at.
1: go back to 400W MH then HPS at flowering and add side 8 T5 horticulture bulbs fluorecents hoping this adds light so my buds fill out more and hoping the heat does not become an issue again.
2: Buy a 1000W digital dimmable ballast and lower the 1000w HPS to the 600W setting and hoping the heat does not become an issue again.(i checked with the bulb and ballast manufacturer and this is not a problem, worst case scenario there could be PAR unevenness. But not that big of a deal)
3: Buy a 600 HPS ballast and bulb and hoping the heat does not become an issue again.

Your opinions?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom