Heat stress?

I'm seeing some weird wrinkling on my auto flower plants. They are under a 1000w mh hid and were 20 inch from bulb. I've moved them to 24 inches away as I'm assuming they are heat stressed. Room is 24c at peak and 18c at low. Humidity around 30 unfortunately. Two plants at the back have most visible signs on biggest leaves. Any idea?

Attachments

• 20190126_171023.jpg
    20190126_171023.jpg
    871.7 KB · Views: 99
I dont see any sign of heat stress. Low humidity is probably your issue. With lights on and room up to temp I would shoot for 55-65%rh. With low humidity in veg the leafs bring in co2 through their open stomata. When they open the stomata it makes the plant uptake water through the roots. If humidity is too low they cannot sweat out the same amount of water coming in. This sort of water logs the leafs. This also slows photosynthesis. Get your rh up and you will be fine. Overall they still look great.

I'm seeing some weird wrinkling on my auto flower plants. They are under a 1000w mh hid and were 20 inch from bulb. I've moved them to 24 inches away as I'm assuming they are heat stressed. Room is 24c at peak and 18c at low. Humidity around 30 unfortunately. Two plants at the back have most visible signs on biggest leaves. Any idea?
I would say low rh is problem i had leaf curling up once and low rh was the problem tem is ok

I have started transfering my plants under the big light sooner than before. I still use the T-5 lights to start seedlings. I agree the sooner you can get your pants under big lights the better start they will get. I am now transferring them after the first repot. When I go to 1 gallon pots. I am transplanting sooner now also. Anything after 4 leaves and they are ready. Because they are in the starting pots for less time I dropped to 4" square pots instead of solo cups. All this just to get plants under the 1000 watt light sooner.

Back
Top Bottom