Hello 420!

Big Sur

Newer to this site... I have posted some stuff on landrace strain seeds that I have here and replied to some odd threads.

Anyway, I was born here in the PDX area of Oregon. We moved after my parents divorced to California in the mid 1960s. I lived in the Monterey/PG/Carmel/Big Sur area for 20 years, then I bounced around California living in LA, Sandy Eggo, and Los Gatos. I later moved to Southern Oregon and then I moved back to Northern Oregon about 5 years ago, and that is where I am now. So I have basically done a southern and then northern migration down and up the Pacific Coast as I have aged.

Anyway, I was a total stoner in California from about 1972 though 1988 or so? Everybody smoked weed in those days. Cops, lawyers, judges, doctors, & teachers. I smoked more weed than I can even recall now. Daily, hourly, pretty much every day and night for 16 years? Then I tapered off. Now I am a light weight. I collected many seeds from the late 1970s through the early 1980s and I have those seeds still. In those days weed came with seeds in it. That is the way it was. I have posted about it in some other place here on the 420 forums. Who would have thunk that weed would be legal in Oregon in the 1970s? Now I can grow my landrace strains! Legally! No fear of getting busted! :cheer:

Well, you all seem insane enough... and there seem to be some other aging hippies here like myself.

Hey mate! Great to meet you! I glad to hear that grass is legal now in your country. I wish you good luck with outdoor growing!
Peace:allgood:

Well, it is not legal in the US yet, and there are still laws against it at the national level. 3 states have legalized it though: Colorado, Washington and Oregon. Meaning at the state level, it is legal to buy and sell weed. Within those states there are restrictions and some areas (counties and cities) do not allow weed sales. But we are busting open this MJ prohibition dam.

Good to meet you BigSur. I look forward to how your seeds progress. I wish I still had seed from our regional 'specialty' from back in the day. Welcome to the sunshine. keep'em green.

:welcome:

One thing that I forgot to mention. I just had a detailed eye exam with a full computer scan. My eye doctor would simply not shut up about the results. He was amazed that I have ZERO SIGNS OF GLAUCOMA in either of my eyes. I mean he ranted on and on about how unusual that is for anyone at my age (I am nearly 60 now). Both my parents had glaucoma by the age of 63, and all my grandparents had it. But not me!

And the DEA says that there is nothing positive medically from smoking pot? I am a walking case study to the contrary. Smoking all that weed when I was younger has had a huge health benefit when it comes to glaucoma in my older age.

No journals here, sorry. I have a landrace seed index posted on this site:

Original source seeds from the 70's - Yes I have some

And I post some of my landrace grow info and photos on this thread:

Landrace Genetics 101

Never trust that we are not going to get hammered in October with rains and storms here in the PNW. If not sooner, like last year with rains in September. I try to get my harvesting done by the first week in October. Last year I had to finish my grows indoors under lights from mid September through early October. This summer has been phenomenal. Outdoor grows are going to be spectacular in Oregon this year.

Back
Top Bottom