Hello everyone

djay35

hello everyone. i'm new to growing and i decided to check this out and see if i can get some advice. well i have ran into my first problem. i grow hydroponically and i have ram horns. i'm thinking it may be to much heat considering i am growing in the closet and really had no air flow. i will take any advice. thanks :)

Welcome to 420, DJay. Do you have any kind of fans in your closet space? How much light do you have in there? And if you don't have a fan are you leaving the door cracked to let some fresh air in? And I am a novice grower but that is just one of the things that jump out at me. And may I ask what are ram horns? I never heard that term used before.

my light is a 2 lamp high output compact t5. i do have a fan in there as of today for the first time. i do leave the door open as much i can. and ram horns is the term used because if they keep dropping and sooner will roll like ram horns. now could to hot of water cause it as well?

Hey djay35, :welcome: to 420 Magazine!
I think you'll find this is the best mmj community out there... Dedicated to spreading awareness of the benefits of Cannabis. :thumb:

Our members are some of the most knowledgable and the most helpful anywhere!

hello everyone. i'm new to growing and i decided to check this out and see if i can get some advice. well i have ran into my first problem. i grow hydroponically and i have ram horns. i'm thinking it may be to much heat considering i am growing in the closet and really had no air flow. i will take any advice. thanks :)

Hmmm... "ram horns" is a new description for me. Any chance you could post some pics?

Environment is extremely important and proper ventilation is a must, but I'm wondering if you are describing what we usually call "the claw"...if it is it's usually caused by too much nitrogen. But I'd really need to see a photo. :thumb:

If you haven't already, please take a moment to check out the guidelines: Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting, they will assist you in navigating the forum.

Here are some other links that you should check out:

Our mission statement: Mission Statement
Questions: Frequently Asked Questions - 420 Magazine
Uploading photos: Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
Grow support: How to Ask for Grow Support
How to grow: How to Grow Marijuana - 420 Magazine
MMJ lounge: Medical Marijuana Lounge - 420 Magazine
News: International Cannabis News - 420 Magazine
Medical Marijuana News - 420 Magazine
Hemp News - 420 Magazine
Medical Marijuana Scientific Data - 420 Magazine
Help support the cause: Please Help Support 420 Magazine
One of my favorite places to hang out: Grow Journals - 420 Magazine

Also, please check out the monthly contests linked below in my signature, and feel free to participate by voting and/or entering!

100_32151.JPG
vapedogg: yup i have claws and i also have yellow tips that get dry and leaves are getting yellow all in general and i'm in veg. i'm useing t5ho lights. heres a pic of the one i'm have the most problem with. the dry tips i would guess is to much nutrients. but not sure about the yellow.

100_32151.JPG
vapedogg: yup i have claws and i also have yellow tips that get dry and leaves are getting yellow all in general and i'm in veg. i'm useing t5ho lights. heres a pic of the one i'm have the most problem with. the dry tips i would guess is to much nutrients. but not sure about the yellow.

I'm out of my element here, since I grow in soil. I've played around a little bit with hydro in hempy buckets, but thats about it, other than reading about it. So take what I say with a grain of salt, but I'd say your plant looks pretty healthy. I'm not sure if I'd call that "the claw" or not. If it is it's a very, very mild case. If your plant were in soil I would say it looks a tad bit overwatered...the kind of droopy leaves...nothing too severe, and I would suggest you let it dry out a little bit more between waterings. But I don't know anything about your setup or environment...not that that would help me since I'm no hydro expert. It doesn't look heat stressed to me, but somebody that knows hydro might ask about res temps since cold water can hold more dissolved oxygen than warm water.

You might want to post in Frequently Asked Questions - 420 Magazine, that way, more people will see it. Just be sure to include all the details of your grow. How to Ask for Grow Support will give you an idea the type of info you'll want to include...even some detail you don't think is important can add another piece to the puzzle for the experts around here.

I wish I could be more help...I think she looks okay, but I'd rather you be safe than sorry since things can go bad quickly when they do go bad in hydro...

:Namaste:

how do your roots look? can you get a pic of that?

whats your ph, ppm, and res temps? what brand nutes?

if you have snotty roots.. you need to act fast.. i can help you with that here if you like.. or you can post in FAQ, and myself and im sure a few others will help you out.

nibec: i use botonicare pro grow and cla/mag. my ph is always 5.5-6.5 that i know of consider i use a cheap kit for the time being so exact readings i can not get. my res temps i'm sure are ok considering it's not hot where i'm growing. my ppm's i'm not sure because i don't have a way to tell i'm growing on a tight budget. here is a pic of my roots and as u can see on plant the root are bunched up. should they be like that?
100_32221.JPG

thanks for the help my friends and happy growing.
:thanks:

i cant see any snotty crap on them from the pics. they look good.

anyways.. just to be sure.. look close at them.. do YOU see anything? your eyes are more detailed than the pics.. lol

check where the one with the bunched roots are all matted together at the top..

it isnt an issue that they are like that.. however, if there is slime, thats the first place you would see it. that and the walls of your tub.. and on your airstones.

soooooo, from your pics.. i gather nothing is wrong. i get yellow tips now and then, and they dont progress or cause problems.. and the "ram horns" i would say should start clearing up. sounds like a case of lack of air movement.. but now that you have a fan on them, you should see that go away.

Back
Top Bottom