Hello from an outdoor grower - First attic grow in tent

pwerfll1

Ok guys just joined but grown outdoors for years ...Recently underwent my 4th back fusion with no pain relief.To make a long story short i just recently obtained my medical card.Im tryin to start a indoor grow in a tent ...actually had the idea of a ice shanty the size is 75"L-75w-65h and its goin in my attic its actually a perfect encloser from vents to bein totally contained.Im goin Use Flo with this to keep heat to a min i plan on hangin 2 2 bulb 4 fts at the top and a 2ft in each corner.I will add on as i go ...have a buddy i will be gettin clones from of a real good strain hes been runnin for years.i will post ppics of encloser when i figure out how any advice on this?

How about using reflectix foil insulation? You can tape it together, it's reflective and great thermal insulation.
I wouldn't buy any more fluorescent lights.
I use a cooling tube on a 400watt bulb in an area 4' x 30 inches to 30 inches to the bottom of the light.
If you can use a high pressure sodium light, you'll get way bigger, heavier buds.
I know it isn't what you want to do, but you might as well be realistic and buy a proper light right now; you will in the end anyway.
If you use a cooling tube, you cool the light with air from outside the enclosure and dump the heat outside the enclosure.
I grow autoflowers using the setup I describe, and always have more than enough (~ 1oz per week).

hiya and welcome
start a journal and you will get more attention and plenty of advice
hope to see your works soon
good luck and take care

Welcome to the forum!!
I am growing in my attic as well. 5 5x5x6.5ft tent...6 5 gallon buckets DWC ......5 x 400w mars2 TopLed panels. Surrounded my tent with insulation and using insulated ducting to pull air from inside my house and pump it out roof vent.

Feel free to check out my journal.

I would definitely recommend a better light source but if the t5 is all you have or can get it should work out fine. Let me know if you have any questions and best of luck.

To post pics click on Gallery tab at top of forum. It will help you with posting pics.

Side by side comparison of topled mars2 panel was equivalent to its HID counterpart. Big Irish dude has used them as well as Icemud with stellar results!!

Back
Top Bottom