hello

daze66

having a midlife crisis and decided to grow my own, ive built my own box i dont even know what the material is but its working so far :) i have 4 plants 2 are deformed and they all have 3 points and 1 has 1 5 point leaf so i have heard they are most likely Hermis? i guess ill wait and see.
does anyone know a good place to upload photos? and i would appreciate any advice...i was short on cash when i started out so i think i screwed of from the get go...

having a midlife crisis and decided to grow my own, ive built my own box i dont even know what the material is but its working so far :) i have 4 plants 2 are deformed and they all have 3 points and 1 has 1 5 point leaf so i have heard they are most likely Hermis? i guess ill wait and see.
does anyone know a good place to upload photos? and i would appreciate any advice...i was short on cash when i started out so i think i screwed of from the get go...

The number of leaflets isn't necessarily a Hermie. Lots of strains have three, five, seven. Not counting the 2 tiny bot. leaflets, I forget what their name is. You'll know a Hermie when you see IT.

ok cool thank you,..i see one has 5 leaves but all the rest are 3.. i was wondering if maybe you could tell me what this is? i cant seem to turn the pic but the leaves are cupping...?
IMG_018512.JPG
IMG_018715.JPG

and this one has purplish color on the leaves
IMG_010915.JPG
IMG_0136_1_.JPG

this one is deformed

Looks like you have rich soil, nice but might be a bit too potent for those little seedlings. They'll be fine though. The vibrant lighter green sprouting leaves look great, a good sign too. These plants are quite young; more will be revealed as they grow. I wouldn't worry about the number of leaflets. Turning leaves seem to be a light problem. I have good luck with T-5's and Hi-power U-tube style fluorescent. Check out Craig's List. In my neck there are always ads for cheap used grow equipment. Don't pay for any bulbs period. You have no way of knowing if they have been overused and no longer offer beneficial wavelengths and strength. Besides coming to forums, you should invest in a "Grow Bible" of some sort. High Times has all kinds, and you'll find recommendations on forums too. Amazon has the books for less than HT.
Purple doesn't necessarily mean a deformed plant. Some strains have purple in them as well as black too. I have seen completely very, very dark green leaves to the point they are really black. Also, purple this early, could be a sign of over/under watering, pH too hi/low, heat stress (lights too close?) OR a nutrient deficiency. Hard to tell right now. Leaf curl, see above for purple.
There are so many factors and what is going to happen is that you are gonna' figure a lot out for yourself. Tons of help and information here, I learn something new every day. We've all had our share of "the hard knocks education". I have lost large plants, clones, seeds etc. and try to learn from my mistakes.
Best of success in your growing...

Back
Top Bottom