Hello!

spots

Greetings!
I've just joined and currently worried about what should I buy to get started...
I got the seeds but now I'm confused about what do I need for a growbox. I don't have any clue what am I going to use to make it, can a paper box do it?
Worried about smell. How much does a decent ventilation with filter capable of hiding the smell cost? How much light do I need for 2 seeds? Ofc it depends on the growbox size but I got nothing atm..
And the first pot.. How big should it be?
I know there are lot of FAQ's and stuff like that around the internet and I've read a lot already, but you know it's easier when someone tells you step by step what do you need specifically in your case.

Hoping for responses, Tom.

Greetings spots! Welcome to the forums :welcome:! Mind if I chime in? For a grow box I would strive more along the lines of a closet/cabinet/grow tent. I think a paper box would be good for the first few weeks of their life, but after that it's going to get difficult trying to keep your desired rH, temp, airflow. If you cant get any of the above, perhaps block off a corner of a room with plastic sheeting. You want to shoot for the best possible simulated outdoor weather, indoor. I spent nearly 100 dollars on a carbon filter and extraction fan that would do a fine job for a smaller grow. For the pots, its really a preference honestly. If you wanted you could start out in a 5 gallon bucket, even a 20 gallon smartpot would be just dandy. Just keep in mind the time you want to grow the plants. I've heard the rule of thumb for this is atleast a gallon of soil per month of grow time, but I say over shoot that for example. You want to veg and flower for 4-5 months, shoot for 1.5 gallons X 5 months = 7.5 gallon pot. It would always be better to go big and let your girls stretch their legs as opposed to getting root bound and/or root rot.
Some questions for you sir. :bong:
Are you planning on growing with CFL, MH, HPS spectrums? Or something out of the ordinary?
Hope some of this helps you out in your journey spots! Stay Green :peace: CA215

Thanks for your reply!
Thinking about 2-2,5 months veg and then start on flowering. But that depends on how fast my girls grow :)
I'm leaning more to hps. Don't think that cfl will provide enough light and filling the box with multiple cfls is not what I want. A single 400w hps would be fine?
Hmm does your filter removes all the smell so that it's stealth and safe?

No Problem spots! :blunt: A single 400W HPS will grow your herb from start to finish quite well, a lot easier than having 5+ CFL no doubt. My carbon filter works pretty well, the smell wasn't completely gone but it wasn't leaking out to the other parts of the house. It was able to stay working and keep the smell knocked down to just the tent and my room that it was in, but you could get a wiff every now and then. They also make a gel called ONA gel that works very well, may want to give that a look if a carbon filter and fan are just too much :) CA

DSC_5447.jpg

So I was in the shop today and got myself pots and soil. Ph is kind of high but I'm completely clueless about NPK values and I can only hope this one will be suitable for my plants. Got a pic so you can check the "specs" and tell me if it's going to be ok

Heading to electronics shop to pick up.
Do you mean the gel INSTEAD of carbon filter? I'll still need fans for humidity/co2 :)

So I was in the shop today and got myself pots and soil. Ph is kind of high but I'm completely clueless about NPK values and I can only hope this one will be suitable for my plants. Got a pic so you can check the "specs" and tell me if it's going to be ok (Dropbox - DSC_5447.jpg). Heading to electronics shop to pick up.
Do you mean the gel INSTEAD of carbon filter? I'll still need fans for humidity/co2 :)
Just a heads up, for uploading pictures on 420magazine, stated in the guidelines they would like for pictures to be uploaded through this site instead of an outer source, due to getting a lot of broken links and what not further down the road. You can do this by going to the top of your page and clicking the "Gallery" tab and then the "Upload Photos" tab at the bottom of the drop down box. Follow the instructions from there and you can easily post pictures to your post on your thread. Look up from your Reply box and you will see a Camera with a green arrow on it, click that and it will take you to your gallery where your freshly uploaded pictures should be :Namaste:
I'm still a little iffy with npk value reading, but I think it should do fine, most soils do. Have you done any research into that medium? What is the maker name? My plants only started to actually escape my room when they were 20+days in flower, throughout beg you could smell them but that was very minimal. If you wanted a complete stealth grow, then I would even incorporate the carbon filter/exhaust fan and the gels.. Would keep your mind clear if anyone came over the smell should be completely masked. I also use febreeze too throughout my grow to keep things smelling clean :) Have a good time getting everything gathered for your grow, I had fun searching for everything I needed :thumb: :peace: CA215

Back
Top Bottom