help..are all strains going gray!

GREENSAVAGE

Hey i have been growing fine erb in nor cali for about twenty pluse years and have recently noticed a strange thing happening to the flavors.. there becomeing all to alike.. i have seen somany crosses back and forth strawberry crossed with everything skunk crosses... kush... haze..berry... blues and purps and desiel and Hawian maui and mexi durban..Thi.. and so on and so forth... so after so many crosses are the origanals strains a thing of the past ? and are we headed down a one flavor... one strain road.. with no uniqueness to them! just a matter of time i think ! no one ever grows from seed they are mostly from clones supplied by co op and despenceries here that have crossed so many times cant really tell what it is anymore..we all need to get growing from seed to get back the herritage strains we all loved and know!

i have a breeding program of my own that out does anything i ever found in any seed banks... i was refering to whats on the local market and commercly avail if the dispencery and clubs would grow there own from seed stock would be great for the market but as long as people just clone its what people call burn out... i allways start from seed..i started sometime 70 i think they were from amsterdam took six months to get back in the day were then crossed with usa american from the upper states and have been breeding ever since .. but i allways start from seed and then grown out.. then is selected after the special ones is found and then cloned useing all organics and sometimes the one picked is so much more than the one before it a little more fruity or skunky but never is the exact same always betters itself i have even stopped the name game and use just # to identify them so as not to get mixed up ! good growing to you!

as far as the cup goes i only wish to blow money like that... its a waste of cash to go all the way there to sample smoke... so the prize money is all good if it dident cost a arm and a leg from usa! to get there...they do have some nice looking samples tho... i make a very nice living on my breeding and meds ! no need to show off to anyone the proof is in the bank acc# im sure there are lots of people that due just fine on there own with there own strains too!
my product is known by its quality not a funny name... but maybe i could give it a goofy name and see if it really makes a diffrence or just confuses them?
ill try it and let you know how it goes...lmao!
:smokin:

all these breeders are great! i agree. and i never said that my seeds kick ass on theres... i was saying that i have had some great success my self and make a great living at it! no bragging or showing off ...thats not the intent! the intent is to produce fine ass smoke no matter the name game or who grew what! or whos the best breeder! quality is all we are after!! :peace:

So what do you think, are the commercially available meds tasting and looking generic, or not? In my experience sampling 6 or 8 different strains over the last year, I'd say they all pretty much looked the same and tasted the same, with a few exceptions. And I have every reason to believe they were as represented. I've found the hashish to have much more diversity.

Do you disagree that everyone is growing from clones? I disagree. It seems like a general statement meant more to make a point (using exaggeration) than to be completely accurate. :peace:

Don't judge, dude. How can you get inside his head? You read it that way. I sure didn't. Chill out. Spread the love, not the hate. Sorry if you're short on meds, or suffering in some other way.

alls well! peace... love and the abundence if buds im glad some one can read!

It seems some just love to spout off without ever fully reading what they are spouting off about.

I agree about the strains getting more 'homogenized' rather than diverse. In my 1987 SSSC catalog, much is made of the inbreeding for stabilized hybrids and of particular traits for those hybrids. Very few F1 hybrids there, and those are carefully noted.

The tip off (to me), is, 'sprout the seeds and pick the best phenotype to clone'. That is not indicative of a stabilized hybrid, but a incomplete breeding process.

DD

true that....alot of banks due have some rare genetics tho but are whoreded.. clones work well for a testing... but true tru genetics are seed breed over many many years of failures and succeses... hard to come by f1 of good genetics if aval very costly$$

Back
Top Bottom