help/info simple setup

DANNYBEAN

image:1011.png
IMG_20140730_130154.jpg
IMG_20140730_141229.jpg
Hi all new to growing my own cannabis iv got a simple setup 2 days into flower so I have it all natural up to now as its just been one cfl 6700k 35w light on a 24h cycle from seeds plants are on there 9 week now 2 days in flower on a 12/12 cycle adding one more cfl 2700k light using pH perfect technology grow and bloom feed 4ml in 1L water for 3 plants 2 times a week plants are in multipurpose soil first 3 weeks just water ect room is 7f tall 3f wide 2f depth temp is 25/27c average 25c but plants are looking good no spots no brown ect very healthy plant that's just my setup at the min looking to get a better tent made ASAP to run 2-4 plants so can anyone help on good low budget tents that I can run all year round thanks

Your plants will benefit from more light.

I like to have a minimum 100w CFL for each plant in Veg, and 150w minimum for each plant in Flower. That being said, I'm using 365w total for 2 plants in flower now.

Are you growing Autoflowers? If not, you won't actually flower until you switch to a 12/12 light cycle. Your plants will also benefit from an 18/6 light cycle, as they release hormones during the dark period.

Thanks for the reply antics so min I need is 100w 6700k CFLs per plant in veg 150w 2700k CFLs per plant in flower I need to make a bigger grow tent I'm just leaving the plants iv got in flower if the plants flower they flower but if they die its all good trial and error for a noon thanks for the help

100w per plant Veg, 150w per plant Flower is the guideline I like to use. But I like to use a larger grow area, with less plants and I train them flat.

Others go by square footage of the grow area. The numbers vary, but one guide suggest 20-30w per square foot.
So if your grow area is 8 square feet, you should use 160-240 total CFL watts.

Thanks my next grow tent will be about 4ft by 4ft 5/6ft tall one question do I leve my 6700k light on as well as my 2700k light in flower 12/12 cycle thanks

Thanks for the help fella I'll put 2.2700k CFLs in with one 6700k cfl in my setup tomora see how it runs its running now with one 27k and a 67k 3 day into the flower cycle not seeing any change up to now still water and feed 2 times a week any help on light distance from the plant as mine have been 2.5ft away from the plants from seed/veg and now flower I know they have to be closer but the plants seem to like it like that

Been using this I got given ??
IMG_20140802_211839.jpg
IMG_20140802_212007.jpg

Iv got the grow to not the micro I'll go pick some up tomorrow as the hydro shop is shut today so I mix all 3 together thanks fella. Thanks for the light info labexperiment I'll move them down today

In my opinion CFLs should be 4-6 inches away from the plant.

I use varying distances myself. In veg I use 1-2", but If I'm misting them, 2-3". Obviously the canopy gets a little uneven going into flower, so I'll end up with 1-2" distance on some, 3-4" distance on others. Constantly turning the plants to give even light helps, I turn them in the morning, and afternoon (6 hours apart) to even out the daylight they receive as much as I can.

As long as all budsites, or at least most of them are less than 8" away is a good start, and each grower will find his or her 'sweet spot' for lighting based on their particular environment. There are so many variables in growing, there is often never a right or wrong answer, which is why I love growing so much. Everyone has a method and an opinion for me to try, until I find something that works for me, then I use that until I find something that works better.

I'll just move it about to get the best I can get for the plants thanks for all your help antics I'll do a lot of Reading in the how to grow post thanks again

You're very welcome! That's how everyone does it. There are basically several ways that have been found to work for different growers, and you just have to find which works best for your plants. And sometimes what plants like can even vary by strains.

It's never ever about who's opinion is right or wrong, it's always about finding what your strain responds to the most, so you can grow the highest quality Medical Cannabis possible.

Little update on how my grows doing antics iv starts feeding micro 4ml grow 4ml bloom 8ml every week water in between lights hanging at 8in from plants but its worked out 50/50 iv got a few white hairs coming out now but the tips of the leaves are turning brown at the bottom of the plant ?? Not curling up or down leaves are lookin level so not under water of over feed ??

Hi antics looking like nute burn its just on the bottom leaves but im water 2 times a week feed every week but I'll keep my eyes on it
IMG_20140806_160313.jpg
IMG_20140806_160323.jpg
IMG_20140806_160406.jpg

2 other photo's on how its doing

Just a heads up, minor spots like that, if sporadic are not worth worrying about. Monitor them and if they get worse you can start to look into why. Just my opinion. If it really bugs you, I would suggest backing off the nutrients about 10%.

Good luck.

Strawberry flavoured turkey jerky.

Back
Top Bottom