Help! Leaves are turning yellow with DWC

closetkush

I'm in my last week of vegetation and swapping to the flowering stage this afternoon, but my leaves have started turning yellow on a few of my plants. I've been using a DWC setup with 5 gal buckets filled with tap water(ppm 250) and Advanced Nutrients Sensi Grow A & B, Botanicare CalMag+, and Nutrilife H202. After adding the nutes the ppm is reading 985, which would actually be a ppm of 735 right?(I subtracted the original ppm of the tap water from that reading with the nutes) Correct me if I'm wrong with that. Also, I buffered the solution to 5.6 pH. I noticed the yellowing of the leaves a couple of days ago, and decided that I would try adding a little more Grow and CalMag+. It's only been a few days, but I haven't seen any improvement. The leaves are still pale green and yellow with the veins dark green. Any suggestions? Should I add even more of something? Maybe I'm missing something? I'm a first timer with hydroponics, so I don't wanna lose my crop!

One way easier way for us to diagnose it is to tell us whether the leaves affected are old leaves or new young ones. Also just from what you described it sounds like a Nitrogen problem but I could be wrong. Usually when leaves yellow it is N, K, Mg, or Fe but there are a couple other trace elements that cause it as well I think something like B and Mo maybe a couple others. And your ppm is 985 not 735 I believe. Since your tap water has a ppm of 250 to start with you can't subtract that since your not doing anything to filter out that crap to make it 0 ppm.

The leaves affected are fan leaves from the bottom to midway up the plant. They are pale green and yellow with dark green veins; also have sort of a dry feel to them.

So... I decided to change my 4 gallon res water to Culligan RO water(ppm 13) and add 7 tsp. of AN Sensi Bloom A&B, 3 tsp. of Botanicare Cal Mag Plus, a few drops of Nutrilife H2O2, and buffered to 5.7pH with GH pH down. Also, I plan to spray the foliage with Epsom salt solution(1 tsp/1gal) during the dark period until the leaves become green again. If this doesn't work, then I'm stumped.

So... I decided to change my 4 gallon res water to Culligan RO water(ppm 13) and add 7 tsp. of AN Sensi Bloom A&B, 3 tsp. of Botanicare Cal Mag Plus, a few drops of Nutrilife H2O2, and buffered to 5.7pH with GH pH down. Also, I plan to spray the foliage with Epsom salt solution(1 tsp/1gal) during the dark period until the leaves become green again. If this doesn't work, then I'm stumped.

Hi, same thing happening here, and with some research I believe plants can't intake mg if the ph is under 6. Supposedively with a ph between 6-6.5 they can. Mine has done the same and I am testing this out, over a night ph had dropped from 5.8-9 to way less and I think I blocked it out even though I was to keep it under 6. Upping nutes and adding cal mag plus keeping ph a bit higher.

So what’s the result? Did you manage to figure out the issue of yellowing? I honestly believe it’s 1 use of crap nutrients and 2 too little nutrients… anyway.what happened???

So what’s the result? Did you manage to figure out the issue of yellowing? I honestly believe it’s 1 use of crap nutrients and 2 too little nutrients… anyway.what happened???
Good morning @DrBigP Hope you are having a good day my friend.
Unfortunately that thread is from 2015 and they may not answer you.
Top left corner has the date.
Happy growing Amigo.

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom