Help me save my babies!

Man that sux ! Cabs are tricky to dail-in . What's the air flow like ? No matter what happens with these babies , your going to have to dail-in that cab. what's the temps like?

..oh and if you have a fan in the cab put the bowl of perlite in front of the fan so as the moisture is evaporated it will have a chance to flow through the cab if not then do as you've been with the bowl..

If you have a heat problem and persistent low RH, then you have a good problem that is cheaper to solve than an issue with heat and high RH. You do not want a regular A/C as it also is used to de-humidify the air. Regular A/C's use more electricity than the cooler you really need.

You need an evaporative cooler otherwise known as a "swamp cooler". It uses the energy needed to evaporate liquid water into the air (which is A LOT) to absorb the surrounding heat in the air. Very effective in desert climates.

Search the web for them. Prices start at less than 100 dollars. Trust me, you have a good situation. Those growers that have to deal with 90 degrees F plus 90 % RH have the real problems!

two things here. That sludge shit is coming back!!! wtf even after all that shit! there's alum tape on it and ones made into covers over the net pot!! GRRRR!!! Next thing, this sterilite container SUX!! it leaks!i even put a layer of tape on each mating surface thinking it would make it tighter thus stop it from leaking.. yeah.. no!! that didn't work.

How do they look? Did they recuperate? If so, my suggestion is Hygrozyme. it will help control that bacteria. How is the rez temps? have they been high lately? If the nutes are getting warm it would create an environment that would allow the bacteria to breed and infect the plants.

Heres an expert from their site:

HYGROZYME may well be "the greatest breakthrough in Horticulture in the last decade." Simply explained: it is developed using a proprietary bio-fermentation process, made from ALL NATURAL ingredients that produce a supply of BACTERIA-FREE enzymes and complex chains of amino acids.

With HYGROZYME there is no longer a need to introduce or create crop vulnerability by introducing a foreign germ culture to your sterile growing environment. After reviewing current enzymatic market products, it was determined that HYGROZYME actually incorporates all the benefits and capabilities offered by leading enzyme products AND MUCH, MUCH MORE - all in one Powerful Formula! With HYGROZYME though, there are NO concerns of a limited shelf life or spoilage.

INHERENT ABILITIES: CLEANER GROW MEDIUM = HAPPY PLANTS.

KEEPING GROW MEDIUMS CLEAN IS WHAT HYGROZYME IS ALL ABOUT.

they recoup'd so/so. i got a ph and tds meter yesterday and wow.. my test strips were off!! the res was at 8.8! Now the nutes have been 5.8 - 6.2 since yesterday morning. The thing that sux is that the better looking of the plants already have some hairs. I was hoping it wouldn't be at this point yet! o' well. I plan on ordering some new seeds in a week or two. Grrr.. one thing after another. I would also like to again thank you all for the support. I know i have some friends to count of when i need some help.. now don't ne one bust out lean on me now.. lol

Yeah that would do it. that high of a PH is a haven for bacteria. Anyhow, glad to have you aboard..Think about the Hygrozyme. It honestly is the best investment for a grower. My roots are white as can be. Its costly but man will it make a difference. You can do it without, not saying you can't. But it will help increase your chances of success. And no I don't work for them..:rofl:..People always ask cause I stand behind that product 420%. Either way, keep us posted on how things come along. :ganjamon:

i bought a milwaukee meter for a good price. Anybody else use one? I'm just shocked at how high my ph was.

so high ph levels lead to bacterial and algael growth?

Heres whats goin on in your water. This is an exeprt from the wikipedia:

In bacteria, alkaline phosphatase is located in the periplasmic space, external to the cell membrane. Since this space is much more subject to environmental variation than the actual interior of the cell, bacterial alkaline phosphatase is comparatively resistant to inactivation, denaturation, and degradation, and also has a higher rate of activity. Although the actual purpose of the enzyme is still not fully understood, the simple hypothesis, that it is a means for the bacteria to generate free phosphate groups for uptake and use, is supported by the fact that alkaline phosphatase is usually only produced by the bacteria during phosphate starvation and not when phosphate is plentiful. However, other possibilities exist; for instance, the presence of phosphate groups usually prevents organic molecules from passing through the membrane, therefore dephosphorylating them may be important for bacterial uptake of organic compounds in the wild. Some complexities of bacterial regulation and metabolism suggest that other, more subtle, purposes for the enzyme may also play a role for the cell. In the laboratory, however, mutant Escherichia coli lacking alkaline phosphatase survive quite well, as do mutants unable to shut off alkaline phosphatase production.

The optimal pH for the activity of the E. coli enzyme is 8.0[3] while the bovine enzyme optimum pH is slightly higher at 8.5

The ladder part of this is whats going on with your plants, The high Ph is allowing for the bacterial growth. If you adjust the ph to 5.8, after a good sanitizing then in then the bacteria shouldn't come back. always adjust your PH to 5.8 then let it rise no more then 6.2 then bring it back down. this will help maintain a healthy enviorment that will allow for all the micro and macro nutrients to be taken up into your plants.

damn! i dumped in some h202 after adj. ph and checked it afterwards and the ph is the same, 5.8 u think this will work or should i tear it apart here in a couple days clean with physon and then rinse refill and make sure the ph is stable? Or will the peroxide treatments kill the bact. ?

I'm not one to use H202. Its always been debated weather it works or not. I personally don't, but I do soak my equipment in it then rinse and let it air dry. It works great to kill bacteria residue from the prior grow. but after some studies that I read on it, I just don't feel comfortable using it. If you decide you want to, and purchase the Hygrozyme it can be used with it. I would clean, sanitize then refill and keep an eye on the PH now that you can monitor it. In theory you should be all good after that. The first signs of that gunk clean the roots. No matter what you do clean them first thing before anything else.

how long can the plants be out of water while i sanitize the whole sha'bang! Also, what can i do to seal off the system better? It leaks around the edges and is a pain in the ass.

Try to get them back in asap, but obviously within reason. I keep them out long enough to dry a lil bit then, if I need more time O keep a spray bottle with some plain water and just mist them til they drip al lil. This will buy you more time if needed. as far as sealing off, its hard t say, I've tossed out numerious totes cause of leaking, so you may have to do the same, but if I can think of something I will post it.

Here are some uses for H2O2.

CannaStats - H2O2 Uses and Dilutions

Sounds like you may have gotten your meter used. Regardless, an uncalibrated meter has little chance of being accurate so I highly suggest purchasing calibration fluids and possibly some cleaning fluid for the tip. The pH probe can degrade over time so many meters have the ability to replace them. However, that is rarely needed if the meter is well maintained.

Don't be too quick to say the paper strips were wrong and the meter correct. Accurate measurements can be a pain to get right, but is oh so worth it.

my house sux!!! after i got rid of the brown shit, then this snot shit started to grow in my res. So i saved the one that has hairs and made a hempy pot for it. I think when i get my new auto flower seeds i'm gonna just hempy all of them.

Where does your water come from? Well? City? Ect.. whats the ppm/ph at the source, before adding anything?

Back
Top Bottom