Help with cloning problem please - What the heck is this?

topshelf95

Here are the pics of my 8 day old "clones". If anyone can tell me what this means it will be greatly appreciated! They kind of look like scary alien plant bumps or something lol. I'm clearly no expert, but that doesn't look healthy to me. These are cut from the plant, straight to water, dipped in cloning gel, put into rockwool, watered with RO water, PH'd at 6.5, a smidge of Cal/mag and a smidge of photosynthesis plus for good microbes. The veg tent they are in is at 85 degrees and 65% humidity. They've been in a humidity dome for the most part, removed a couple of times a day to get some air and then a misting on the leaves. Something that I noticed was that the rockwool cubes never really dried out, even after 8 days they were still pretty wet even with just the initial watering. Is that too much for clones?

20170508_205723.jpg

20170508_205738.jpg

Help with cloning problem please, what the heck is this?

That clone looks like it's about to take

Maybe a little water with enzyme in it for the brown

Thank you cnile, I hope you're right, I was pretty put out by the initial sight of this. The white bumps look promising but the rest just doesn't have the outward appearance of being healthy. My first time cloning though so I really just don't know what I'm looking at. Thank you again for the help!

Stay cool and give it more time, if everything is wet don't water or mist.
As long as the plant looks healthy do nothing till you see roots come out of the Rockwool.

It takes 1-3 weeks to get roots.

Stay cool and give it more time, if everything is wet don't water or mist.
As long as the plant looks healthy do nothing till you see roots come out of the Rockwool.

It takes 1-3 weeks to get roots.

Good advice. Leave em be. Keep em moist. As long as the leaves still look mostly happy they should get going by week 3. When you start to see new growth you'll know they are good to go.

I've had almost 100% success using home depot root hormone and sticking them straight into promix.

Back
Top Bottom