Clone nightmares, please help

So I am on my 3rd try of cloning. Here is what I did, please find what I did wrong because once again its not working...

Soaked the clones, their jiffy pucks, and their rockwool cubes in ph balanced water to about 5.2 for 24 hours in darkness. The water PPM was around 220 it had a small bit of superthrive and b-1 in it. I tryed 4 clones total with the Jiffy and 10 with rockwool.

Cut the stems at 45 degree under water, cut off all lower bits leaving 2 top fan leaves and the top shoot, then clipped the fan leaves tips off leaving about half. I also scrapped off just the first layer of skin on the bottom inch of each stem.

Dipped in a rooting powder that was mixed with b-1, superthrive, and blackstrap molasses. it was about 85% powder the other stuff was to make it into a pastey gel to stick to the stems.

Stuck clones in the jiffy pucks and cubes misted clones, then put on humidity dome. Every day id take the dome off once or twice a day for 10-40 minutes spraying them and letting them get fresh air. Slowly opening the vents more and more starting on day 3.

Here is day 1 when i just made them
DSCN5580.JPG

then day 2
DSCN55921.JPG

Then here is day 4
DSCN56381.JPG
DSCN5639.JPG
DSCN56451.JPG

Now on day 5 I cracked open one jiffy puck and one rockwool cube to see the progress. Well THERE IS NONE. There is no roots, no little root bumps. No freaking nothing to show any sign of even thinking about rooting. As you can see they are pretty yellow too. Today they are even more so.

If anyone was wondering the rockwool and the jiffys were slightly damp, but not wet on the inside.

Please help I have been at this for months now. I need it to start working.

I have never had a clone root in 5 days with rockwool. Mine take 10 to 14 days, even longer. I use rockwool and have had a 99% success rate. I take the dome off twice a day just to spray, 40 min is too long. I don't open the vents until day 7. Here is a link to the methoed I use. The ONLY thing I don't do is open the rockwool to see if they have rooted. I think that places too much stress on them. I wait until I see roots coming out the bottom. How Do I Clone using Rockwool?
Good Luck

For rockwool, I think you want to soak the cubes beforehand. Maybe that is what you meant just checking. Also, some plants are super easy to clone and some are near impossible in my experience. Indicas seem a lot easier for me but could be a coincidence. I had two last year I could not clone no matter what I did.

Also, not sure or if it matters but 5.2 seems kind of low. I think I do more around 5.6

For rockwool, I think you want to soak the cubes beforehand. Maybe that is what you meant just checking. Also, some plants are super easy to clone and some are near impossible in my experience. Indicas seem a lot easier for me but could be a coincidence. I had two last year I could not clone no matter what I did.

Also, not sure or if it matters but 5.2 seems kind of low. I think I do more around 5.6
Old thread my friend, happens to all of us

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom