Help with humidity

tommyb88

day time temps 75-82 37rh
night time temps 59-68 and the humidity can go right up to 90 ,
exhaust fan and osculating fan running same time as lights , 16/8
60x60x140 grow space

any cheap ways of lowering humidity at night, iv seen some dehumidifing bags that you hang up in wardrobes etc... but by time iv been paid and ordered them they may not be here till next week

also sometimes its going to be gettin below zero outside where i am and getting difficult to raise the temp in the room without my misses moaning about noise from heaters and spending even more on electricity.

any help appreciated willing to try anything, thanks

thanks fuzzy duck,i did think that but wasnt sure with the fan cooling the room in the day by sucking hot air out i thought it would make the room colder at night also and higer the humidity

going to buy the dehumidifing bags anyway, the instructions say they reduce damp and mould so will be good during last few weeks of flower and drying. only 99p for 3

Ye it might run a little cooler in the lights of period with extraction fan running... depends where the grow tent is really ?

I only use the spare bedroom tho... my lights off period is the day time with base line temps set at what ever my central heating is normally around 20c inside the tent rarely drops below 18c.

Dehumidifier would be the right answer. Tommy88 said the important thing, keeping the ventilation and exaust running 24 hours a day is very important. When the lights go out the plant allows the pores on the leaves to open and the plant breathes Co2, this only happens at night and it is the MOST imptant time to have ventilation and exaust. Exaust is used to remove heat but it is way more important for air exchange and the reitroduction of fresh air to the plant.
Just my 2 cents...

Jonny

so if its even cooler at night with the exhaust fan on, wont that raise the humidity even higher, read somewher that high temps = low humidity and low temps = high humidity

so if its even cooler at night with the exhaust fan on, wont that raise the humidity even higher, read somewher that high temps = low humidity and low temps = high humidity

Ye something like that, ya could say why is their dew on the grass in the morning !

I'm going back nearly a year ago now when i first started out on the epic green finger adventure...

Lights off & no ventilation i would often hit humidity 80% to 90%... scared the shit out of me.

Lights off 24/7 ventilation i would average 60% to 75% humidity.. i can deal with that.

Lights on i average 40% to 55% humidity.

Out side weather conditions can effect ambient indoor humidity & temperature tho !

Do some trail runs with venting on 24/7 & monitor results, ya soon see :peace:

already took the exhaust fan off the timer, iv had to move my grow tent cos was having problems with heat as it was backing onto a radiator in the other room and fireplace so moved it closer to the window where it is cooler, sorted the heat problem but now its humidity, il leave the exhaust running anyway thanks

Humidity does play a part in tempeatue, I am not a scientist like Batman but here is one way to look at it; In the desert where it is dry it gets extremely hot durring the day and extremely cold at night. Moisture traps heat, so high humidity in your room will make it hotter that low humidity or more so it will not allow large heat fluctuation that occur in low humidity areas. In the rain forrest it is humid and the temp difference between night and day is minimal, hot in day and hot at night.
Also, the humidity will never be higher than the humidity that is coming into your room via your intake. If your fan is running and exchanging air properly, the humidity will always be the same.... only way to lower it is a dehumidifier.
I am glad you removed the timer from your fan.

Just my 2 cents.

Jonny

i could be wrong here so please correct me but after reading page after page on rh and temps all pages come to the conclusion that the relative humidity will go down if the temperature is raised, and it will go up if the temperature is lowered and stilleto said high humidity in your room will make it hotter which is a bit of a contradiction???? after some research on the matter im pretty certain that if theres low temps there will be high humidity and vice versa but want to clarify for indoor beginers such as my self who ever read this.

so what the fuck man haha

lol

i could be wrong here so please correct me but after reading page after page on rh and temps all pages come to the conclusion that the relative humidity will go down if the temperature is raised, and it will go up if the temperature is lowered and stilleto said high humidity in your room will make it hotter which is a bit of a contradiction???? after some research on the matter im pretty certain that if theres low temps there will be high humidity and vice versa but want to clarify for indoor beginers such as my self who ever read this.

I believe you are on the right track now :thumb:

Its good to see that you are using other external sources of information to gather good knowledge or to form an educated opinion on the matter at hand.

I often view most forum post with a pinch of salt !

Anything of any real value i'll research myself to form my own opinion & then i'll research it again to get a better answer... then i'll revise it 6 months later to see if i missed something !

No harm in asking tho... but never expect a straight answer half the time !

Place a 1000 monkeys in a room with paper & pencils & eventual they will rewrite the entire works of shakespeare.

i tend to search the internet and read as much as i can then i like coming on here to discuss it with someone else always makes it seem a lot clearer and always like to listen to other peoples opinions, i left the exhaust fan on last night like you both said and humidity was 68% at its highest so woop woop , thanks

Tommy you are right about hi temps=lower relative humidity.& lower temps higher humidity. this is cause humidity is how much water is in the air compared to how much it has and hotter air can dissolve/hold more water.
what stilletto said is kinda true but it's how the air feels to us as hi humid air doesn't cool our bodies as well as dry air of the same temp. this is cause dry air will allow water(sweat) to evoparate easier off our bodies then humid air.

Back
Top Bottom