Help with temperature

Jeff6

Heyy well, i have had a search and not found really the answer im looking for.

The temp in my grow tent keeps rising to between 80-90, And i cant seem to get it down, (im only in testing soo no plants at the minute), my thermometer is placed under the light approx 25" higher.

I have tried placing the intake ducting on the edge of my open window to try bring colder air in, But it didn't help at all, I have got an exhaust that runs out of the room with a carbon filter on the end.

Any ideas, without really buying an air cooler unit, as i really wasn't looking forward to spending again at the minute ? lol

Thanks

having the same problem was about 89 in my room, couple died, i saved most i could. i froze a bunch of water in bottles and threw them in there changing them throughout the day, if you can't do that obviously its a pain. id try an air unit or move your room somewhere cooler. ive moved mine several times to find the right place. the inducts should be doing their job if not maybe larger units? a larger fan bigger exhaust fan, etc. hope anything i said helps kinda... now its at a cool 75

Using 4" ducting, and exhaust fan is 175 cfm i think and intake is 2 settings but i got it on full speed at like 180cfm, I have put the end of the ducting from the exhaust under the reflector aimed at the bulb to draw heat straight out, and it has got me down to 80.1 now, But i have had to take my carbon filter off soo still trying to figure how to do this

Thanks

If when you took the filter off the temps got better then you def need a more powerful fan. Drawing air through the filter makes the fan work harder so if when you took the filter off the temps went down that means your fan cant handle the workload. So id say you need a better fan.

That means i'l have to buy new fan and bigger size ducting then :/, is it possible to have the intake air blowing directly past the bulb? Or will it be too high when u need to raise the light. I also have an oscilating fan 10" i think, will adding another help or will it jus create big winds in there

Thanks

An oscillating fan should help because moving air is cooler air. And you don't necessarily have to buy new ducting probably just a better fan. What size is your tent and light?

Yeah a 600 watt hps in that small of space is definitely gonna cause heat probs. I probably would have went with a 400 watt for that small of a space. But you'll prob just have to go with a stronger fan. Good luck man, hope i was able to help.

600watt in 1.2m^2 with only 4" ducting hooked to 175 cfm? -id have gone with 6" ducted hood and more cfm.

what is the highest ambient temp where the intake is pulling from? does exhaust empty into same space as intake or into another room/outside?

Not sure of the room outside room temp but its pretty cool i have the windows open, And no the exhaust ducting go's through a vent to outside.

I had an idea of using the most powerful fan i got think its like (185 cfm) to pull air through the filter and then pushed through ducting towards the bulb (kind of a cool tube effect) and then my other fan on the other end sucking the air from the bulb out through the exhaust... BUT would the fan thats pulling the air from the bulb suck the room air up too, defeating the purpose of the filter seen as there is no glass etc its just open

And if i did need to buy something else what would be better a more powerful exhaust fan or a cool tube, Cool tube is slightley cheaper and the fan i currently have with the filter on does exhaust quite an amount of air if u put your hand there you can feel the push. The tube i had in mind would be just the glass tube not the big cooled reflectors

Thanks guys anyway

separate the light cooling vent and grow room vent.

one fan pulls outside air through duct to bulb and exhausts outside- no stink.
the other fan exhausts grow room hot air through a carbon filter, pulling air in through a passive intake.

Im having the same problem as you are. i just got my box all set up and haven't put in plants in yet. right now i have a 4' high 3' wide 2' deep box and am running a 400w mh/hps light. i have 2 computer fans, both put out 134 cfm. one is my exhaust and the other i have mounted blowing on the light. i checked temps in there and im running 91 at the highest so far.. just kept going up so i shut it off... the humidity is around 16%. anyone have any suggestions? from what i read im thinking i need to take the other computer fan and put it as my exhaust? also for my intake i just have a hole cut out a little larger than the exhaust. any info on this would be greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom